Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Agriculture & DIY Forums > Agriculture & Rural Living Forum

Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 AM
worn out farmer

muleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nice
Default Raccoon population is booming

Just got a call from my neighbor lady. This is the third raccoon we have caught in the last 8 days. They are booming around her house since she does not have any dogs. I have been taking them to a location that is at least 3-4 miles from her place. I think they have a den around her old barn somewhere. They root out her flowers and make a mess out of things.

Last edited by bczoom; 08-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Wait for it.

Cowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Raccoon population is booming

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleman View Post
Just got a call from my neighbor lady. This is the third raccoon we have caught in the last 8 days. They are booming around her house since she does not have any dogs. I have been taking them across the river to Pa. to release them so it is at least 3-4 miles from her place. I think they have a den around her old barn somewhere. They root out her flowers and make a mess out of things.
I had to run off two mommas and 12 friggen cubs last night with the shotgun , hopefully they will take the hint .
Old 08-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Now a Published Author

fogtender will become famous soon enoughfogtender will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
I had to run off two mommas and 12 friggen cubs last night with the shotgun , hopefully they will take the hint .
Sooooooo...... Where did you bury them?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Wait for it.

Cowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogtender View Post
Sooooooo...... Where did you bury them?
I didn't yet , i'm running out of burial ground .
Old 08-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 9,031 Times in 3,652 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about

I have called the White House regarding this thread, in addition to the Interior Department. I also called the Humane Society of the United States. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. The Wildlife Conservancy and several other minor NGOs.

So, here is what is going to happen. The White House will ask for Congressional Hearings while the Interior Department files for emergency funding for a new study. The various organizations will be holding a joint conference to develop a birth control plan for raccoons.

I have been assured that they will all come together with a solution, sometime before 2025 at a cost that is somewhat under a half a billion dollars.

There. Solved. Tell your neighbor lady that the Government is here to help her!

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Bronze Member

Thanked 1,905 Times in 714 Posts
jimbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melensdad View Post
I have called the White House regarding this thread, in addition to the Interior Department. I also called the Humane Society of the United States. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. The Wildlife Conservancy and several other minor NGOs.

So, here is what is going to happen. The White House will ask for Congressional Hearings while the Interior Department files for emergency funding for a new study. The various organizations will be holding a joint conference to develop a birth control plan for raccoons.

I have been assured that they will all come together with a solution, sometime before 2025 at a cost that is somewhat under a half a billion dollars.

There. Solved. Tell your neighbor lady that the Government is here to help her!
You know gummint programs always come in over budget and overtime, and therefore you are probably looking at 2050 and a trillion dollars. Then the solution will be teaching them to vote democratic, give the welfare, and make them a protected class.