Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > NOT NECESSARILY SNOWCATS Forum

NOT NECESSARILY SNOWCATS Forum General snowcat and winter/wilderness lifestyles

Old 08-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Cattitute

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,494 Posts
Pontoon Princess is on a distinguished road
Default hey hey hey DOC

wow DOC, the new and improved server has some amazing lighting speed, well done...
The Following User Says Thank You to Pontoon Princess For This Useful Post:
Doc  (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 09:59 AM
Forum Admin

Thanked 22,024 Times in 7,906 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hey hey hey DOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Princess View Post
wow DOC, the new and improved server has some amazing lighting speed, well done...
I sure appreciate the kind words Pontoon Princess but I am sorry to tell you the server migration was a big ole FAIL. The new server software could not run this old VB 3.x software. Well it could run it but the load averages (ie: CPU Busy) was so high that connections were refused and no one could connect.

So I made the call to move back to our old server. It's running okay, but had the new server worked we would have had SSL so our site was not seen as 'unsafe' and we would have email notifications for all once again. Those are pipe dreams for now. I have to look at a way to upgrade or move to another forum package, or ride out VB 3.x until either it or our server bite the dust. I'm looking at alternatives with no plans to rush into any solution at this point.

Other Fun Forums:

Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
Old 08-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Cattitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I sure appreciate the kind words Pontoon Princess but I am sorry to tell you the server migration was a big ole FAIL. The new server software could not run this old VB 3.x software. Well it could run it but the load averages (ie: CPU Busy) was so high that connections were refused and no one could connect.

So I made the call to move back to our old server. It's running okay, but had the new server worked we would have had SSL so our site was not seen as 'unsafe' and we would have email notifications for all once again. Those are pipe dreams for now. I have to look at a way to upgrade or move to another forum package, or ride out VB 3.x until either it or our server bite the dust. I'm looking at alternatives with no plans to rush into any solution at this point.
ah hell what do I know, other than, this is the best I have ever seen the site function...eatdrink:

happy to have the site back and running smoothly...
Old 08-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Cattitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

ah hell, what do I know...

just happy to have the site back and running smoothly...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pontoon Princess For This Useful Post:
Doc  (08-03-2019), olympicorange (08-04-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Bronze Member

Thanked 1,009 Times in 401 Posts
Cidertom is on a distinguished road

I feel for Doc. I got a panic call friday night that a FM Broadcast station I take care of was off the air.

Seems their IT guy decided to update the machines in the control room. He noticed I "hadn't done any updates" and decided to fix it himself. Well, the playout system doesn't have drivers that will work with the latest op system. Lucky I had a pair of hidden off line machines preloaded with the software.

Going to have words tomorrow with IT about firing updates: 1, Friday night just before you leave and can't be reached. 2, Firing updates on machines you know nothing about. 3, changing the stupid admin password....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidertom For This Useful Post:
Doc  (08-04-2019), jim slagle  (08-04-2019), PJL (08-04-2019), Pontoon Princess (08-04-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Forum Admin

Thanked 22,024 Times in 7,906 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidertom View Post
I feel for Doc. I got a panic call friday night that a FM Broadcast station I take care of was off the air.

Seems their IT guy decided to update the machines in the control room. He noticed I "hadn't done any updates" and decided to fix it himself. Well, the playout system doesn't have drivers that will work with the latest op system. Lucky I had a pair of hidden off line machines preloaded with the software.

Going to have words tomorrow with IT about firing updates: 1, Friday night just before you leave and can't be reached. 2, Firing updates on machines you know nothing about. 3, changing the stupid admin password....
Wow, that would be rough. Good thinking having a couple machines loaded with the old stuff. Way to go.
updating without knowing what you are updating is not smart ...okay, I'll say it, it's stew-pid.

Other Fun Forums:

Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:
Cidertom (08-04-2019), jim slagle  (08-04-2019), Pontoon Princess (08-04-2019), redsqwrl (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Bronze Member

Thanked 1,738 Times in 772 Posts
JimVT is on a distinguished road

fix the facebook page so you can post. then we can contact other members.
#185 snow trac
2004 pistenbully canyon
The Following User Says Thank You to JimVT For This Useful Post:
Doc  (08-06-2019)