• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Food For Thought......

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
What's really behind the chaos in New Orleans?

Back in the 70's, my wife, baby daughter, and I lived in Goodna, Queensland, a suburb of Brisbane. We were young and inexperienced and like most couples our age lived pretty much hand to mouth. It was a struggle to make ends meet. Any savings we had went as a down payment on the home we were buying. Once a week my wife went shopping and bought the food and supplies we would need the following week.

Like the Southeastern United States, the area we lived in was subtropical and prone to cyclones (same as hurricanes). One day a cyclone approached our area. It wasn't a big one as cyclones go, so we weren't too concerned. We figured 6-12 hours of high winds and all would be back to normal. Except things didn't go exactly according to plans. The cyclone moved in over top of us and hit up against another pressure front and stopped dead. And there it sat for two days. Not too much wind but oh did it rain. An inch an hour for 48 hours. That's right - we got nearly four feet of rain.

Now Brisbane is built on the Brisbane River, not an impressive river as rivers go - only a few feet deep and a hundred feet wide in the western suburbs where we lived. At least during normal times. Four feet of water over several hundred square miles is one hell of a lot of water. Trust me on that one - I've seen it. And all of that water all had to get to the sea via the Brisbane River. During the night, our little Brisbane River rose and rose. The police were magnificent. They woke people up and evacuated thousands of homes during that long night. Only two people drowned in our area - residents of a mobile home park whose trailer was swept away. The police commandeered trucks and backed them up to the local grocery store and loaded all the food and necessities, drove them to high ground and parked them.

By mid morning the river was 60 feet deep and three miles wide. We lived on a hill so we weren't submerged. When you walked over the crest of the hill and looked down into the valley where there was once a highway, railroad line, shopping centers, and thousands of homes you were stunned into silence. All you could see was water everywhere. No electric poles, no roof tops, nothing. Everything was under water.

We took stock of our situation - it wasn't good. The flood came on our weekly shopping day so the house contained very little food. We had some candles and a flashlight. Nothing else. There was no electricity or water. Fortunately it was warm weather.

We were in stunned disbelief. So were our neighbors. However, we decided we had better quickly organize ourselves. We knew we were going to be isolated and without water or power for some time. We started collecting all the rain water we could. Without it we were screwed. We dismantled and reassembled a non-mortared barbecue under our carport. We started collecting all the firewood we could find. We assessed the food situation. Some people had full freezers. We separated what we could eat over the next several days and dug pits and buried the rest. Everyone shared what they had without a single word of what came from whom.

Needless to say we survived - and in good shape. The R.A.A.F flew some food supplies in (especially fresh bread that the local prison was baking and fresh, unpasteurized milk from local farmers.) by helicopter. In fact I look back on those days with some fondness. Our carport became the hub of the neighborhood. At night we would just sit around the fire and talk.

The thousands of people who were displaced didn't go to refugee camps. They went into the homes of those not flooded - sometimes friends or relatives, often strangers. Nobody forced you to take in another family, everyone just did it.

Hundreds of millions of dollars was raised throughout Australia. The relief agencies didn't screw around with the money either. As soon as the water receded in a weeks time, they set up centers in every hamlet. Anyone who was submerged was given an initial $4,000 in CASH to tide them through. More came later. Was there some abuse? A few instances but not many and the there was follow-up to deal with that.. Was there any looting? Virtually none.

What does this have to do with New Orleans? Plenty.

Why didn't the people in the Superdome make any effort to organize themselves? Why didn't groups of men patrol the restrooms to prevent rapes?

We have gone a long way in the past 40 years to creating a dysfunctional society where self reliance, pride in one's self and a sense of right and wrong are no longer esteemed or even valued.

We have allowed our government and media to say to people that you are not at fault for what you do. You are victims, little children who can't look after yourselves.

We have told our minorities that everything that goes wrong is the result of racism. That you cannot succeed in a racist society.

We have told the dysfunctional that we will look after you no matter how egregiously you act.

We have excused crime saying that poverty creates crime, when we all instinctively know that it is the crime that creates poverty.

We have told young women that it okay to have babies without fathers. There is no stigma attached - in fact if you have a baby we will shower you with money and benefits so you can move out of your parent's house and have even more babies. Even if this guarantees your babies will be raised in poverty.

We have told young men that it is okay to father as many children as you can. The government will assume the father's traditional role and look after the mother and babies.

And most importantly, we have called morals old fashioned and judgmental. What right does society have to say that something is right or wrong?

And what have we gotten for this? (not to mention the $1 trillion we have spent on the poor) Citizens who, at the first sign of trouble, stand around bewildered. You see it on the news. Faces screaming, "Help me!", "Tell me what to do!"

God help us. We're reaping what we sowed.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I know Bob and bczoom have already seen this, but I thought this was good food for thought as well...

This was written by a man who is a survivor of the hurricane. A little different twist on what we have been hearing in the media.

To my friends and family:

What I have seen since Katrina:

The poor and the wealthy hurt by the storm.

Black, white, Hispanic, Oriental and Indian all hurt by the storm.

Christian people giving, giving, giving.

Churches going all out to minister in Jesus' name.

Neighbors going door to door helping one another.

Thugs and hoodlums going door to door looking for someone vulnerable.

Ice and water being fought over as police tried to keep the peace.

People coming up from New Orleans taking over empty houses because shelters are full.

Out of town volunteers coming with food and staying for now a week still serving it.

The Churches all over this part of the country doing what Christians do in a crisis.

FEMA doing a wonderful job in getting help to us.

The Red Cross doing a great job in the shelters.

The Salvation Army doing a great job in the community.

Four hundred crewmen from everywhere bring back the power to our homes, churches and businesses.

Lines at service stations a block to a mile long.

National Guardsman patrolling the streets of McComb along with Kentucky policemen protecting us from the hoodlums and thugs of McComb, Pike County and New Orleans (the most dangerous city in the world before Katrina.)

Drug dealers working outside shelters.

Doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel working tirelessly, even sleeping in the hospital to do the job God called them to do.

WHAT I HAVE NOT SEEN;

The ACLU setting up a feeding line.

People for the American Way helping in the shelters.

The NAACP doing any work whatsoever.

The American Atheist organization serving meals in the shelters.

Jesse Jackson directing traffic at the gas stations.

I could go on but you get my message. It's the Christian people with love and compassion who do the work.

The gripers in Congress should come on down and get in line to pass the water and the ice. Are you listening Hillary, Chuck, Teddy and all the sorry loafers we call Senators and Congressmen. They don't have a clue as to what this life is all about here on the Gulf Coast.

Boy I feel better now.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Dargo said:
WHAT I HAVE NOT SEEN;

The ACLU setting up a feeding line.

People for the American Way helping in the shelters.

The NAACP doing any work whatsoever.

The American Atheist organization serving meals in the shelters.

Jesse Jackson directing traffic at the gas stations.

I could go on but you get my message. It's the Christian people with love and compassion who do the work.

The gripers in Congress should come on down and get in line to pass the water and the ice. Are you listening Hillary, Chuck, Teddy and all the sorry loafers we call Senators and Congressmen. They don't have a clue as to what this life is all about here on the Gulf Coast.

Boy I feel better now.[/font][/color][/color][/font]

I also have seen it, and I find its one sidedness to be offensive. What you have to realize is that these above mentioned organizations don't do what the Red Cross, Salvation Army, or for that matter any of the many other organizations that you haven't mentioned do. I know that the local service clubs did send money, goods, and people to the rescue effort, but to their credit, they don't ask for public recognition for the effort. There are lots of organizations that just rather operate without being recognized so they aren't bombarded with requests for every little event that happens. I also would like to point out that the statement "It's the Christian people with love and compassion who do the work." is not fair to the other organized religions that have also supported the relief effort. It is my belief that people of all religions helped out.

Muslims Contribution

Jewish contribution

American Indian contribution

Need I go on??????

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junk, I think you make a valid point about the one sidedness of the pro-Christian message, but while that is one view, I believe that message was written by a devout Christian and aimed at a devout audience. I do not think that it was written to offend non-Christians who are helping, but I can certainly understand why it would.

What I also know is that I spoke with the local Police Commissioner the other day and he just returned from somewhere in Mississippi. He is a devout Christian, he essentially described in words the message that Dargo posted in written form. He was not trying to offend a non-Christian when he was talking to me he was just relating his experiences and he essentially said much the same things.

I know that all faiths are participating. I started the basis of a foundation last week to financially support Katrina vicitims to also to go on for future disasters. I've been taking donations to seed the foundation with cash, the minimum I am asking for is $1000. Every donor has been of the Jewish faith, the man who gave me the idea is Jewish, and here I am a Catholic asking Jews for money and they are giving of their hearts. And being very generous.

I recently was at a large fund raising event sponsored by an organization of Indians (from India) here in N.W. Indiana. They were having their annual event and they decided to very prominently solicit money for the Hurricane vicitims. I gathered that they did not have the type of 'infrastructure' that the Christian churches have to move aid from one area to another, but they were never the less actively and prominantly participating.

Now this is just my opinion, but I honestly beleive that what was posted by Dargo, and your original message both point out the very same thing but do it a bit differently. Both focus in some way on a common moral value, call it decency if you like, now some will attribute that morality to Chrisitanity, some will attribute it to simply common sense.

I suggest that most every one of us can take a look at some of the athiestic organizations and suggest that their actions of removing a higher being (The Lord, Christ, God, or whatever you choose to refer to a spiritual deity as) as being a fundamental problem that leads to societial breakdowns in some ways.

And this observation is not designed to attack good honest decent folks who are also non-believers in a greater spiritual entity, it is just a statement that when you forcably remove any remnant of a higher being from society then there will be a significant % of the population that will generally decay if that higher being fundamentally fosters good, caring, sharing, morality to some extent, as well as basic law and order.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
... or for that matter any of the many other organizations that you haven't mentioned do. I know that the local service clubs did send money, goods, and people to the rescue effort, but to their credit, they don't ask for public recognition for the effort. There are lots of organizations that just rather operate without being recognized so they aren't bombarded with requests for every little event that happens. I also would like to point out that the statement "It's the Christian people with love and compassion who do the work." is not fair to the other organized religions that have also supported the relief effort. It is my belief that people of all religions helped out.

Muslims Contribution

Jewish contribution

American Indian contribution

Need I go on??????

I did not intend to offend, nor did I intend to claim to be the author. Perhaps one reason I left the message verbatim was for fear of being called a racist. I know it may offend some (and for this I will accept credit), but I feel that Jesse Jackson is a very racist person and he is not helping the African American race by exonerating every single infraction or crime committed by a person of color. I think each person has to be responsible for their own action. See Bill Cosby, Colin Powell, Alan Keyes, or Condi Rice; I don't think they feel that a person's color should exonerate them from being responsible for their own actions. I am rather offended by hearing that I (as a caucasian) am to blame for the looting, raping, and other lawlessness that we all heard about.

I have personally donated a fairly sizable amount to an organization that I feel will best utilize those relatively small funds provided by me to help those in need in the affected area. I made the donation as anonymous, and am not even going to acquire any receipt in order to write the donation off on my taxes. However, I assure you that I did not dictate the color of a person's skin as a factor in the allocation of my donation. I do not see where race is a factor in this disaster, but I am being bombarded with such accusations in the media daily. I have not done nearly as much as Bob, but I have participated in the recovery effort.

As I said, I did not edit one single character in the note I posted. Because I did not, I have the feeling it is not clear what part of this message is offensive to me. I am offended when I am (perhaps indirectly) called a racist and the very people, and groups of people, who are claiming that I am a racist, and are not doing anything to help that I am aware of, except perhaps making some people donate for fear of being called a racist if they do not. I mentioned earlier that I believe in each person being responsible for their own action. I also believe that orginizations, too, shoud be responsible for their actions. If they are telling me that I am not doing enough, claiming that the looting is just, the raping is just, and cannot provide a well documented presentation of what they are doing to help and exactly why these reprehensible acts are justified, then I am offended.

I really wonder if Jesse Jackson, Luis Farrikhan, Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton etc. gave a greater percentage of their overall worth or cash on hand reserves as did I. Maybe they did. I don't know. What I do know is that no amount of media lashing is going to ever make me believe that I am a racist because of these hurricanes, or that the theft and looting is justified if those crimes are committed by minorities (which actually happen to be majorities in several of the affected areas). It likely is still not clear, but that is what offended me.

OkeeDon

Dargo, I would not have posted the item in the first place because it is so obviously one-sided. Junk pointed out the religious groups. I did not see Pat Robertson at a gas station directing traffic, either. I did not see any Congressional volunteers, let alone the traditional liberal bogeymen the right likes to revile (are they that afraid of them?). The point is, that message had a theme, and that theme is essentially chest-pounding on the part of religious fundamentalists who can never see beyond their own efforts.

The message was offensive because it was so one-sided. I'm willing to listen to any reasonable presentation, but when the bogeymen are rolled out without balance it just turns me off.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
The message was offensive because it was so one-sided. I'm willing to listen to any reasonable presentation, but when the bogeymen are rolled out without balance it just turns me off.

Take the same message and put it into the context of a devout Christian speak to a devout Christian congregation and it is not offensive.

I would venture to say that most every one of us has edited their words to fit their audience at many points in our lives. I would expect that what Dargo posted was really aimed at the Christian fundamentalists. I would very strongly suspect that if the very same person who wrote that was addressing the "interfaith alliance" that he would have presented a more balanced message that would have been more inclusive.

Sometimes I think we turn off what people say because we don't consider the context from which it came. . . and as we don't know the context of this message we are all making some presumptions. I guess I am just willing to take it for what it is, and leave it at that, give it whatever level of credence I believe it deserves and stir it into the pot with all the other stuff that swirls around in my mind.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Dargo, I would not have posted the item in the first place because it is so obviously one-sided. Junk pointed out the religious groups. I did not see Pat Robertson at a gas station directing traffic <snip> The message was offensive because it was so one-sided. I'm willing to listen to any reasonable presentation, but when the bogeymen are rolled out without balance it just turns me off.

I will openly profess that I lean considerably more to the right than to the left. However, I do listen to both sides. There is no way you will ever convince me that Ted Kennedy presents a "balanced" view, or that Jesse Jackson presents a "balanced" view. I assume you tune them out as well? Hey, you can have Robertson; he fell off the opposite side as Jackson. I would think they represent the polar opposite ends of the bell curve of popular opinion.

However, I am intrigued that you go along with the left message that the looting and crime in the wake of the hurricanes is justified. I do listen to both sides, however one-sided they may be, and draw my own conclusions. It is simply my belief that when we, as a society, turn a blind eye to agregious crimes in the name of race, we become racist. Why would a person of color not be able to discern right from wrong?

I am good friends with an African American man who has a son who is a pro-bowl NFL player. A group of us went to lunch a month or so ago and I saw another business acquaintence where we were eating. Later in that day I dropped by to visit that business acquaintence. He said he thought he knew "the black guy" with us, and asked who he was. Honestly, my reply was "what black guy". I really was momentarily baffled. You see, I don't relate to Joe (not his real name) as a "black guy". The comment was not meant as a racial comment, but that is not my point. My point is that Joe is just another friend in my mind. He is not segregated in my mind as a "black" friend.

I mention this because this whole concept of the looting and crime as being a legitimite and acceptable action in the media because the perps are black just pisses Joe off to no end. He very strongly thinks that turning a blind eye to criminal actions committed by someone because of their race is a very racist concept. I simply happen to agree with him.

Certain groups that were listed as not being a known presence in the help just caught my eye because they are the very groups playing the race card in this matter. That, is what caught my attention in the message. Also, I don't really believe that you only listen to fair and balanced messages that only show both sides to something. To quote John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious". Certainly you did not mean exactly what you wrote, did you?

OkeeDon

Dargo, It's decidedly unfair to suggest that because I didn't address the looting that I support it. I think you know better than that. Of course you don't support Robertson; no sane, thinking person would. But, my problem with your post is that it was one-sided -- it perpetuates and expands the overblown generalizations about the liberal bogeymen, while completely ignoring that there are sinners on the other side, also.

How do you know that all of the looters were liberals?

Bob, I see your point about the audience, but it is precisely for that reason that I object. When one uses propaganda to inflame and incite one's captive audience, without presenting a true picture, one is simply driving the ignorance and stupidity even deeper, where it is yet more difficult to unroot it. Of course, that is exactly the purpose for the message, and that is exactly what I protest. The stupid and ignorant are stupid and ignorant enough; it's up to their more intelligent leaders to educate them.

It's precisely the same sort of brainwashing that led entire generations of rednecks to believe that Black people were less than people, and led pre-WWI Germans to believe that Jews needed to be "purged".

I'm surprised you can't see how dangerous it is to stamp anyone with overgeneralized exaggerations.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
...brainwashing that led entire generations of rednecks to believe that Black people were less than people, and led pre-WWI Germans to believe that Jews needed to be "purged".

I'm surprised you can't see how dangerous it is to stamp anyone with overgeneralized exaggerations.

I was half way though a reply wanting to know why you thought that the Germans wanted "Jaws" to be purged when I looked closer and saw it was "Jews". I kind of like the movie Jaws. :eek:

Oh yeah, you also likely know that I was just flushing you out on the looting issue. I know that the looters were liberals because they were liberal looters; very liberal. :p How do you know that they were not? The conservative would say, it's my store, go find work and buy your own. The liberal would say that because of the past injustices to minorities and because of the fact that a relatively small percentage of the population holds the majority of the wealth, he has been repressed and forced to stay on welfare, it is his place to perform the looting duties.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay Don, to be balanced, I'll pick on my own side when they step in it! Check out this stupid quote that the media is jumping all over. And, no, I'm not defending anything!!

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050929-114710-8545r.htm

I still fail to see why race has to have anything to do with the awful aftermath of these hurricanes!

Oh yeah, note where my 2 favorite racist celebs (Jesse Jackson and Maxine Waters) claim that it is "racist" for the federal government to pay for moving poor black families out of the low flood prone area to higher ground. What!?

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree it is a stupid quote. But, I'd also have to guess it is probably accurate.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
I agree it is a stupid quote. But, I'd also have to guess it is probably accurate.

I would disagree about it being a stupid quote. And I would also guess it will probably be proven accurate. What I think is stupid is that people jumped to condem an analytical assessment of the situation. Realistically, people who do not want this to come true should take that statement and try to figure out how to work to bring the people back. It is pure logistics, not racist.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
It is pure logistics, not racist.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. What do you think about ole Jesse and Maxine saying that it is "racist" to pay to relocate poor black families to higher ground?!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Is it possible that the Katrina Hurricane was a result of a successful redistricting program by the National Weather Service on behalf of the Republican Party and it was deliberately directed to hit New Orleans? :D

OkeeDon

Well, you gotta admit that spreading mostly Democratic voters around into red states were their effect will be diluted is a pretty good windfall (pun intended) for the Louisiana Republican Party. Funny that all those red states were so quick to take relocatees from that area and almost nothing is mentioned about moving the wealthy white folks along the Mississippi coast to Iowa or Kansas.

Beyond that, I'd agree that Jackson's comments are rooted in reality, not wishful thinking. If they fix New Orleans so it will stay dry, the real estate will get a heck of a lot more valuable. Those Blacks who did not own their own property will likely not be able to afford to move back. Of course, the businesses will then say they can't get anyone to do the service jobs and will have to hire more illegal Mexicans.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Beyond that, I'd agree that Jackson's comments are rooted in reality, not wishful thinking. If they fix New Orleans so it will stay dry, the real estate will get a heck of a lot more valuable. Those Blacks who did not own their own property will likely not be able to afford to move back. Of course, the businesses will then say they can't get anyone to do the service jobs and will have to hire more illegal Mexicans.

You're killing me. According to nearly all sources, New Orleans is totalled. The 9th ward that is at one of the lowest points will never be valuable property. I rather strongly feel that none of Jackson's comments are rooted in reality or even common sense. If the government didn't offer to pay to move them, then they are racists. Now the government offers to move them; they are racists. The guy is a total babbling idiot. All he wants to do is call every white person a racist no matter what. If anything, he is creating racists!

I spoke with a business partner today who lives in Metarie. Besides moving these poor families in the 9th district, many have been handed $10,000 checks to help them out in the interim. I know this because several dozen showed up at new car dealerships today as down payment checks on SUV's!! I also had a business partner in Atlanta tell me the same thing today. These auto dealerships are suddenly having a windfall because of the rush of people with $10,000 FEMA checks in hand to use as down payments on their new cars. Jesse Jackson will complain that FEMA should buy them the entire car rather than just supply them with down payment money! Gees!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Well, you gotta admit that spreading mostly Democratic voters around into red states were their effect will be diluted is a pretty good windfall (pun intended) for the Louisiana Republican Party.

Don, what got spread around were folks who lost their homes, they were from both parties. Now the reality is that 2 areas took the greated amount of damage, inside New Orleans the 9th ward, which is populated mostly by blacks and most of those are indeed Democrats. The other area hit just as hard was a white suburb adjacent to it. Just like the 9th ward, it is effectively a total loss. I suspect that those people were both Repubs & Dems and I suspect they are relocated into the Red States too.

Funny that all those red states were so quick to take relocatees from that area and almost nothing is mentioned about moving the wealthy white folks along the Mississippi coast to Iowa or Kansas.

Don, honestly that is called compassion. To suggest otherwise is offensive.

Jackson is a racist X2 and an idiot. He sets up "no win" situations so he can call white people like me racists. I don't put up with that crap. I help and I don't care who I help, what color or what religion or if they even have a religion. But he makes it very hard for people to "teach someone to fish" because he wants us to "give them a fish to feed them today" and then we have to do it again tomorrow and the next day too and if we don't then he calls us racists again. Screw him.

OkeeDon

Uh, guys, I doubt that Mr. Jackson is guilty of the things of which you accuse him. He'd probably find it tough to keep his job in the Bush administration.
Alphonso R. Jackson, secretary of housing and urban development, during a visit with hurricane victims in Houston, said New Orleans would not reach its pre-Katrina population of "500,000 people for a long time," and "it's not going to be as black as it was for a long time, if ever again."...<snip>...Other members of the caucus said the comments by Mr. Jackson, who is black, could be misconstrued as a goal, particularly considering his position of responsibility in the administration.

See how quickly you all jump to the stereotyped conclusion? Brainwashed.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Uh, guys, I doubt that Mr. Jackson is guilty of the things of which you accuse him. He'd probably find it tough to keep his job in the Bush administration.

See how quickly you all jump to the stereotyped conclusion? Brainwashed.

Don

Speaking of jumping to conclusions, I know and knew who Alphonso Jackson was and knew he was the one who is misunderstood. He is who I defended. I also knew that Dargo shifted gears and was referrring to the Rev. Jesse Jackson and that is who I referred to in my last post.

I'd also like to elaborate a bit on the "Red State" issue raised above. Any suggestion that it is not compassion that prompted those states to house the folks who lost their homes would require you to conclude that there was a premeditated plan to convert New Orleans to a white dominated city by using a mandatory evacutation order to scatter blacks. That also requires a conspiricy theory to be injected in as the white Republican governors would
1) have to be secure in their reelections by a wide enough margin to offset the new voters,
2) would have had to have laid out plans on how many new black/democrats they could accept and still remain Red States,
3) would have had to coordinate their plans with other white Republican governors
4) would have required that they were praying for a hurricane so they could see white people dominate New Orleans
5) would have required that each of the surrounding Red State white Republican governors knew that the 9th ward would be flooded, which in turn would have required that they would have known that they were 'sacrificing' a white neighborood, that they knew that one particular levy would be the one levy that needed to break, and logically would require them to weaken said levy while making sure the other levies were strong.

JMHO, but it seems unlikely.:toilet:

OkeeDon

would have required that each of the surrounding Red State white Republican governors knew that the 9th ward would be flooded, which in turn would have required that they would have known that they were 'sacrificing' a white neighborood, that they knew that one particular levy would be the one levy that needed to break, and logically would require them to weaken said levy while making sure the other levies were strong.
The Republicans spent millions of dollars and thousands of hours, over several years, investigating allegations about the Clintons on less evidence that that.

This is still a country in which "ye reap what ye sow". Or, to put it another way. if you don't like mud, stay away from mudfests. I love how the Right can dish it out but goes running home to Mommy at the first sign of the same kind of treatment. Of course, Mommy is also a racist, so they will get support.