• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Confused Moose

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We had three medium size bull moose wonder through our mountain property this week on a foggy wet day. They were somewhat confused to see the gate closed as we normally leave it open. They have no problem going over the fences but if the gates are open they will use the gates for access.
8-25-16 Moose At Gate.jpg

Harnish 20160825091404.jpg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice pictures and nice looking Moose ! Thanks.

I had a different moose visit each of my 2 gardens on the same day ( while I wasn't there) I would guess a mother and young one. One in each garden. Pretty much just stepped over a 4 foot wire fence that's not strung tight. Didn't step on much and didn't eat anything.
It was like mom was taking junior out for a lesson.

First time in 6 years of having gardens there.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
do they do much damage to your yard?
jim

It is their yard when they want it. No they do not do much damage as we do not try to have a "city yard" on the mountain. Had 8 deer early this am in the green grassy yard area. The deer like the green grass as most of the area meadows are turning to fall brown and drying up with the lack of moisture and hot days. Not much we can do to keep the wildlife away from the grass so we just live with them and enjoy. :biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much we can do to keep the wildlife away from the grass so we just live with them and enjoy. :biggrin:

That's my attitude. As long as they don't do any serious damage, they're welcome to stay or pass through at their convenience.

Great pictures!!!!

Umberto

My bud in Jackson Hole gets them in the yard of the Winter and makes it difficult to tend to the chickens. He lives by the elementary school and they have to check the playground before recess.