• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

my stomach

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm sick.

Stomach flu or diet related?

Either way I feel for you. When the tummy is rumbling the whole body tends to feel bad. My sister is a big proponent of the theory that we make ourselves sick based on what we eat. Certainly we can screw up our system with too much junk, but she takes it to the extreme. Me I love to eat and celebrate the taste of food, but as I get a little older I'm taking diet a bit more seirously because my stomach can't tolerate quite the amount of junk that it used to!

Hopefully your tummy is only infected with a 24 hour bug or a bad burger. Either will pass quickly. If its worse than that then you might want to hunker down with your head under the blankets and just ride out the misery.

Get better soon.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
it's so many things. i keep getting too warm, then i'll shiver. i get sick so much. my left eye's suddenly blurred, i was too weak to scale my stairs unless someone was w/ me.
i saw my pcp & forewent mentioning most of this. i called now, & i'm waiting to speak to them.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Why would you not tell the doc what is going on? They can't help what they don't know about. In my case they call me all the time for more tests and appointments. Got a c/t scan tomorrow cause they did not like what they saw on the ultrasound last week. I don't BS them about how I feel or they can't help me get to feeling better.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i called her office a few ago, muley. she'll call me when she can. today, tomorrow. i was not intentionally avoiding speaking of this when i saw her- she was mainly concerned w/ my weight, & how to prevent weight loss. a 15-minute appointment isn't much.

as fer u, be well. or i'll take ur bee-gear & those beehives. ha-ha!:whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
DR.'s offices are nothing more than people mills...push as many through as quickly as possible. My semi-annual visits with my PCP at the VA average 25 minutes...sometimes longer. My cost? $15. She spends as much time as necessary with each of her patients, so I don't mind when she takes a bit longer to get to me because I know she will be thorough with our appointment. I don't see how you can accomplish much in just 15 minutes. My PCP takes longer than that going over my labs.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
2 of them have gotten tears in their eyes in recent daze when i explained things.
same as any other human being, they have emotions. they hafta suppress them at times. same as us.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
they called. they said to get to the emergency room. i said, 'nope'. so they said i hafta make an appointment. asap.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
they called. they said to get to the emergency room. i said, 'nope'. so they said i hafta make an appointment. asap.
Stupid says: I know more than the docs. Docs say: Yep, stupid move for sure! Bill says: Now get your ass moving and pack a bag and go!:hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
nope. too much time spent inpatient.
in an emergent situation, i was sent home suddenly, w/ $0.00 cab fare. they were prepping me fer scans/tests, & they got a room fer me.
suddenly, they said i could snooze on their lobby furniture as i was being discharged, & confiscated my pepper spray. (that i' have yet to see, since.) i complained. they said these immature interns get confused. i'm not dealing w/ them, again.

i'll call in the morning & see if she could direct-admit me.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel for you Luv's...

I spent the last two days sick myself. Chills fever ect....But mine will pass......

Hang in there kid, it's all any of us can do.

Best regards, Kirk

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanx, h&h. i drank plenty of gatorade, took magnesium & my potassium, & i'm waiting. these fevers have gone on nightly fer months. i'm gonna have my nurses see me later on, then we can make an appointment from there. muley, i have spent 12-ish years between normalcy, & being inpatient. i'm jaded.
i was told i'm amazing at fighting illness. the 1 doctor brought his crew into my room to awe over the fact that i was alive. he figured i'd passed. the doctor's office called a second ago. she is trying to squeeze me in this morning. if i can get a way there-
i decided that that's not feasible. my nurses'll be in a meeting during that time. looks as tho we'll hafta schedule 4 a different day.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
so, i got my abdomen scanned earlier. they lemme take a pic of their distraction technique. they were ceiling tiles. & keep u distracted rather well.

Attachments

• scannerpic.jpg
    scannerpic.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 103