• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Insurance companies

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I had my homeowners insurance thru Progressive insurance and all my auto, boat and motorcycle. Last year it increased from $1700.00 to $2800.00 with the reason being fires. I just retuned from a cabin trip and received a letter telling me this year it will increase to $5200.00, I called them yesterday and found that Progressive stopped going out to multiple companies and Homesite insurance was there only vendor. I called a small broker up town and got better coverage for $2000.00. Progressive is now going to lose all of my business on everything. Thats what happens when you try to cheat me. I think what pissed me off the most was there condescending attitude like they were doing me a favor and I should just pay it and shut up. They made no attempt to try and keep my business, thats the price pay it, was the attitude.:hammer:

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is outrageous. I'd switch for sure. They don't deserve your business.

I've heard after being with the same company a while it's a good idea to shop around to ensure they have not inflated the price in the guise of a rate increase. I'm with Cincinnati Insurance now for home, cars, boat ...everything. Very happy with them actually. But I'm going to check with USAA before my policy comes up for renewal. I heard good stuff about USAA, now I'll find out if they can really save me a few bucks.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is outrageous. I'd switch for sure. They don't deserve your business.

I've heard after being with the same company a while it's a good idea to shop around to ensure they have not inflated the price in the guise of a rate increase. I'm with Cincinnati Insurance now for home, cars, boat ...everything. Very happy with them actually. But I'm going to check with USAA before my policy comes up for renewal. I heard good stuff about USAA, now I'll find out if they can really save me a few bucks.

Now there is some very good advise. :smile: :applause:

Regards, Kirk

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now there is some very good advise. :smile: :applause:

Regards, Kirk

I shop my insurance every time I get a new bill. More often than not the original company suddenly finds a way to save you money. This year my homeowners company found a way to meet my offer of $600 less than the bill that they sent me.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I shop my insurance every time I get a new bill. More often than not the original company suddenly finds a way to save you money. This year my homeowners company found a way to meet my offer of $600 less than the bill that they sent me.

I need to do this again. If it wasn't such a hassle I would do it every year. With two teenage drivers our insurance is through the roof.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
That's extortion. We have a government that's supposed to protect us from this! Yeah, right! "Give us your guns. We'll protect you!" Yeah, right!

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Home insurance companies did the same thing in FL a few years ago,................ then they just stopped issuing policies except for new construction.

People with mortgages were FORCED into high risk insurance pools by the banks.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I am now having Sangunetti insurance who got me the $2000,00 policy now quote all my auto, boat insurance. The new company even covers liability at the cabin property for free. I think having you're insurance sent out for quote on renewal is a good policy. Seems they use a backwards thinking business model where you screw you're loyal customers and only offer discounts to new customers. For whatever reason Phone, cable tv and you name it companies are now doing it. Am I they only one that is insulted by that practice?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Insurance companies are the modern day robber barons. They've got you by the short and curlies and they know it.

Many years ago when we lived it Dallas we had our auto policy cancelled after 10 years. I'm not saying that they jacked up our premiums, they flat out cancelled the policy. They're reasoning? "You've lived in Dallas for 10 years and never had a claim. Statistically, you're overdue to be involved in an accident and we don't want to cover it. Goodbye."

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
^^ So that's why my rates go up as my cars get older !!

I'm moving to somewhere even More rural. Hope they go down a hair

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I need to do this again. If it wasn't such a hassle I would do it every year. With two teenage drivers our insurance is through the roof.

For me it's not much of a hassle. A couple of phone calls usually does it.

Keep in mind that there are about 6000 insurance companies out there. Somewhere somebody has a better deal.

BTW, I do this with everything. Phones, Cable, Auto. Homeowners, Lawn service. Most company's think they have a captive audience which will just pay the bill. Particularly if they don't have to write the check. They're correct.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Only taking me 2.5 years to get around to this.

Anyone ever used an Insurance Broker? I reached out to https://www.bbrown.com/ It will be interesting to see if they will work with a private homeowner and if so what kind of numbers they can get.

J5 Bombardier

We've always used a Broker, pretty common up here. It's a small town outfit, they do the leg work , looking for the best rates from the 4-5 company's they deal with . A year after when the policy comes due, how hard do they look for a better deal ,not sure unless you ask . It's a money making game.
J5 Bombardier