• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LOOK UP ... 2 meteor showers!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Love watching these :thumbup:

LINK => https://upnorthlive.com/news/offbea...67j1Ey3GsymoJnqqGWMrouhQFMPDFEPniUMQpKVmELfVM

FULL ARTICLE is at the link above. More photos too!

Brief tid bits:
WASHINGTON (KUTV) -- There are two meteor showers expected to peak over the next two days, and for one of them, you won't have to stay up late to see it.

According to the American Meteor Society, the Draconids will peak Tuesday night into Wednesday morning and the South Taurid meteor shower will peak Wednesday night into Thursday morning.

The Draconids shower will peak in the early evening to nightfall, meaning you can catch this one easily before midnight...

There's a full moon on Oct. 13, and in the days up to then, the moon may obscure some of the light from the meteor showers.

Debris from the comet 21P/Giacobini-Zinner is responsible for the Draconid meteor shower, which gets its name because the meteors appear to be coming from the direction of the constellation Draco the Dragon...

Attachments

• safe_image.php.jpeg
    safe_image.php.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 132

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll try to catch the early performance. I don't know if I can stay awake for the later one.

Last time we had one of these meteor showers visible in East Texas I was really disappointed. We live out in the country, no city lights to interfere with visibility, just the security light out back. I switched out all the house lights, got my chair and plonked it down in the driveway and sat there for 90 minutes … nothing. I think they got lost. After the build up it got on local TV it was a tremendous let down and I wasn't the only one that was disappointed.

But, we'll try again. I'm glad that it's not tonight, thick clouds and thunderstorms rolling in.