• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Bombi

Eis

Hi guys, you have a newbe here. I am going to be looking at an 87 Bombardier Bombi next week. Condition of the body looks very good, has 750 hours on it, Ford 1.6L engine, 4 speed, bench seat, heated, wipers. That's all I know right now, what do I look for as far as warning signs, I think the price is a little high at 12K what do you guys think? I have always wanted one and this is the nicest that I have seen but I don't know enough and could easily get burned :unsure: Thanks Eric

snowcatt

Hi some times people put carpet in them and they rust the floors out . how are the track belt and sprockets ? The only part that could costs you money is the diffs but if it turns both ways fine and doesn't make normal diff sounds then it should be good .$12 k is an ok price for a BR100 new style cab but a bit hi for a Bombi for that price it better not need any work . I have mine for sale completely redone for $ 8 K
Good luck

Eis

How do I tell if it's a BR100? Cab on this one looks a little more modern, then others I have seen. I'll try and post a picture. Also like to hear somemore about yours (you can pm me if you don't want to post it here) Thanks Eric

Attachments

• bombardier.jpg
    bombardier.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 340

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How do I tell if it's a BR100? Cab on this one looks a little more modern, then others I have seen. I'll try and post a picture. Also like to hear somemore about yours (you can pm me if you don't want to post it here) Thanks Eric

That is what they called Bombi1 they were just before the BR100 and the pluses
See the wheel spacing is just like the bombis the engine is just like the Bombi
1.6 liter and the tranny is the four speed like the Bombi but it has the nicer more
Modern cab.

Like snowcatt said the tracks and differential are the important parts just in the differential you can can spend a lot of money if bad.

12k is high for that machine I would say if everything is good 9500.00 is more in line

Eis

Thanks for all the imput. I thought the price was a little high, I have not seen the unit so I can't say much more about it except when I talk to the man that owns it he seemed firm on his price (so what else is new..) and got a little offended when I said I thought the price was on the high side. I'll let you guys know once I see it this week. thanks again Eric