• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My youngest joined the Air Force

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My 22 year old son graduated from Air Force boot camp in San Antonio. He informed me last night that after he has completed 8 weeks of training at Shephard Air Force Base, he will be going to Germany.

This is the son who, other than a week during spring break has never been more than 30 miles from where he was born. He told us he had enlisted over Christmas dinner. Said he had enlisted in September. Guess he wanted to surprise us...and he did! What a secret to keep from September to the end of December.

Only one of us could get away from the farm at a time, so his Mother went to see him graduate. The week she was gone is the longest she and I have been apart in at least 25 years.

Please say a prayer that he has a safe journey.

:weneedpic
Me too. I tried to get the file size down small enough but haven't had any luck yet.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
What base is He going to ? Ramstein ? If so it's a great place .
What's His AFSC (Specialty )?
Even though You are shocked by all that has transpired , I'll bet You are one proud Dad !

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Good for your kid Rick, you raised him right apparently. The Armed Forces should be mandatory for all. It made me growup quick, and learne alot about other people at the same time. It's an experience he'll never forget. Shake his hand and tell him thanks for me. He's almost a vet now.:a1::a1::a1::a1::a1:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Rick. That's awesome. He's making you a proud papa again. :thumb:

I agree with John. Service should be required. Best thing in the world for a young man.

Here's to his successful deployment and safe return. :beer:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Doc said:
Best thing in the world for a young man.

Women too!! I have two daughters who served. One stayed stateside, the other came back from Kuwait/Iraq '91 with a Bronze Star & Army Commendation medal. Talk about a proud Papa. Seeing the changes the military made in my girls I have a lot of praise for our military. They've both grown into hardworking women & good mothers. All the best wishes to your son. :a1: :a1:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My son went through the Air Force ,served his time and then signed up for the Army and went in on the first wave into Iraq . 101st Air Bourne . He came home all grown up and yes I am also a very proud Dad . I thank him every chance I get for his contribution .

Your son and all our troops are always in my prayers . Please thank you Son, on behalf of the Hutson Family .

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
:thankyou2 I also believe that all should be required to do some service time. We wouldn't be where we are as a nation with out on the guys and gals that have put their lives on the line to protect our FREEDOM. Thank your son for me.

AFFitness13

Tell your son if he wants any pointers in for the AF to email me if he can. If he is stationed at Ramstein he will have a blast. My first supervisor was stationed there before he came to Seymour Johnson I am also deployed with a few Ramstein people here at Qatar. What is his AFSC (job)?