• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

.GOV outreach to the the Amish via internet?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In an effort to reach out to the Indiana Amish communities, the state has published special Coronavirus information and guidance for the Amish on the State's official website.

Think about that for a moment.:laugh3:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 6.24.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 6.24.48 PM.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 175

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Because I work with reopening plans for fencing clubs I'm on this website almost every day. Today I noticed the Amish thing. Not sure how I missed it yesterday. But damn. I mean seriously.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I actually went to the site and read the guidelines for Amish people,........... there was nothing there that is any different from any other group.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I actually went to the site and read the guidelines for Amish people,........... there was nothing there that is any different from any other group.

But the Amish don't own computers. So someone who is not Amish has to print it out and give it to them. Because the Amish don't own computers.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
But the Amish don't own computers. So someone who is not Amish has to print it out and give it to them. Because the Amish don't own computers.

Saying the Amish don't own computers is a broad brush statement.
I'm willing to bet there are many who do, just like their use of cell phones.
Yes, I've seen quite a few with cell phones.

They find loopholes for anything that affords them to be in the world, but not of it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know we have some in our Indiana community who have cell phones.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Saying the Amish don't own computers is a broad brush statement.
I'm willing to bet there are many who do, just like their use of cell phones.
Yes, I've seen quite a few with cell phones.

They find loopholes for anything that affords them to be in the world, but not of it.

If they have cell phones they have computers.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
... and We have many here in SW Tn, they do have and use social media devices.

I was kind of shocked a few years back when I was stopped on the Main Avenue in Durango, CO, by an older Amish man leading a group of other Amish. He was holding a cellphone with Google maps on display. He asked me if this was the way to the Durango and Silverton Railroad Station and Museum.

I was surprised on several fronts. First, I didn't know there were any Amish around there. It's a long buggy ride from anywhere. Secondly he had a cellphone. Thirdly, he had internet service and wanted to visit a Railroad Station and lastly he had no social skills what-so-ever. There was not an "Excuse me", "Please" or "Thank you" in the whole exchange. I've never been around Amish people. Are they all that brusque and rude?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank, when it comes to money being made, the Amish will step outside the realm to achieve that, which is why I believe some have graduated into the way of English technology.

I've known some very friendly Amish folks, and yes some who were a tad standoffish.
They're human just like the rest of us.
Ain't that right, Mrs. Borntrager?
:smile:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'll betcha they gave themselves huge bonuses for that "brilliant" research.