• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stuck Today!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Friggin" A. I knew better. We decided today was the day to stock up on groceries for the kids coming for a week over Christmas. I decided in my wisdom to take the car instead of the 4x4. We were in the store over an hour and in that time we got dumped over 3" of snow with ice. Almost made it home, but could not make it up the last hill before home. Wonderful. Got into a neighbors driveway and hoofed the grocs from there. Dumb ass. :th_lmao::th_lmao:

Bannedjoe

Friggin" A. I knew better. We decided today was the day to stock up on groceries for the kids coming for a week over Christmas. I decided in my wisdom to take the car instead of the 4x4. We were in the store over an hour and in that time we got dumped over 3" of snow with ice. Almost made it home, but could not make it up the last hill before home. Wonderful. Got into a neighbors driveway and hoofed the grocs from there. Dumb ass. :th_lmao::th_lmao:

This type of thing reminds me of a conversation I used to have with my dad.

Dad: Why the hell did you do that?

Me: Well I didn't think that...

Dad: Exactly, you didn't think!:shitHitFan:

Attachments

• homer for FF.jpg
    homer for FF.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 164

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
This type of thing reminds me of a conversation I used to have with my dad.

Dad: Why the hell did you do that?

Me: Well I didn't think that...

Dad: Exactly, you didn't think!:shitHitFan:

Yep. I just walked down the hill and got the car. I was talking to myself the whole way. I think I just may go and talk to a Jeep dealer about a new Cherokee, that way both my options are 4x4. :th_lmao:

Bannedjoe

Yep. I just walked down the hill and got the car. I was talking to myself the whole way. I think I just may go and talk to a Jeep dealer about a new Cherokee, that way both my options are 4x4. :th_lmao:

That's what I did last month.
I can't believe I paid as much as I did for this thing, but the hell with it.
I'm almost 60, and I think it's time for once to get a new car that isn't 20 years old with 150,000 on it!

I love this thing!!!
And I don't have to bite my nails when the wife leaves in it wondering if she'll make it home, or just break down somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_1758.JPG
    IMG_1758.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 169

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Very nice looking Joe. What year Ranger is that in the background? I am a Ranger fanatic having owned 3 of them since 1990 racking up over 500K miles. My current FX/4 with a dealer installed SVT package has 163,000 miles and runs like a top.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's why I'm glad we have 2 vehicles with 4x4. Hell, just pulling out of the driveway onto the road is a chore in 2wd. We're on a country road with our driveway halfway up a small hill. At least I don't have to worry when my wife leaves in the morning to go to work before the plows go through.

Bannedjoe

Very nice looking Joe. What year Ranger is that in the background? I am a Ranger fanatic having owned 3 of them since 1990 racking up over 500K miles. My current FX/4 with a dealer installed SVT package has 163,000 miles and runs like a top.

It's a '95 F250 with the 7.3 powerstroke. 4x4.
It has 335,000 on it.

Of which I've only put maybe 2000.

It's a pretty solid truck.
I just need to do a couple things with it when the parts come in.
I have the wobbly steering wheel bearing to replace, and a new OEM lift pump.
I put a new lift pump in it last fall, but it wasn't OEM and has already begun to weep.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You do know you can get a sedan with AWD don't you?

No high center of gravity, no sail boating in high cross winds like a 4X4 does. Civility, yet the grip of a 4X4, just not the ground clearance.

I love our Chrysler 300 Hemi AWD... and your not having to drive a truck with all the poor mileage, and easy entry to boot.

Trucks are fine, just not all of the time....

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Kinda hard to fit a family of 7 in a crossfire though. Or drive through 18" of unplowed snow for 15 miles.

Bamby

No high center of gravity, no sail boating in high cross winds like a 4X4 does. Civility, yet the grip of a 4X4, just not the ground clearance.

I love our Chrysler 300 Hemi AWD... and your not having to drive a truck with all the poor mileage, and easy entry to boot.

Regards, Kirk

I had to get rid of my car when my health issue came up. I could no longer get out of it with my ass practically sitting on the pavement. I know several others who also changed rides because of low seating issues. It can just be two damn damn difficult to climb out of them for some folks. Most are gravitating towards SUV's that are made to provide typical chair seating height that make for easy entry and exit of the vehicle.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

Yes, I am a gear head so I'm aware of my options, but my favorite drive is a 4x4. Having my ass an inch from the road is too much now that is why I have been trying to sell my Xfire for a year now with the Sonata not too far behind.

I've owned Jeeps in the past and always loved every one, my favorite being a 73 Commando (the one with the Studebaker front fenders) that could climb power poles with plenty of room in the back for my tools and climbing gear. I cried the day I had to give her up.