• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why can't anybody do their jobs??? (Warning. A bit long)

Bannedjoe

And how has this become acceptable?
On top of that, there's the excuses that never end, and it's always someone else's fault.
I find this beyond maddening.

The drivethru where half your shit is missing, or they somehow just couldn't understand that you didn't want the giggle sauce on you're happy burger.

The cashier, whose job it is to count money and make change that can't do it.
And again, the people who make gas cans you can't get the gas out of.

Tools that have to be modified somehow to do what they're supposed to do.
Customer service people who cannot comprehend the problem you're having with the product.

For example here's one:
Never owned a power washer before.

Set it up, used it for awhile, turned it off, and when going to start it again, it was like the engine was seized. Couldn't pull the rope.
Customer service was dumbfounded, and the only suggestion was to take it somewhere for service, when actually all the problem was, was that the pressure needed to be released from the wand.
Shouldn't they know this shit?
Nothing in the manual about it.

But just this shit all day long when I go out in public or just try to deal with people on a business level.

We're in the widget business, it's all we sell, but whoops, there aren't any in stock and we don't know when they'll be in.
Kentucky fried chicken, sorry, we're all out of chicken, can I get you something else? WTF?

It never ends....

So on to today's topic.

I go online looking for some parts for my trail bikes.
I need a couple of tires, a chain tensioner, and a new seat.

I used to be a frequent visitor of a chat board concerning these things, and they also happened to be a parts supplier.
I used them many times, but haven't needed anything in a year or so.

I went to the site, and found all the parts.
The tires were a bit more expensive than they were in the past, but ok, things go up.

The seat: Out of stock.
The tensioner $26.74
The tires, 19 inches, $60 each.

Total with tax: $148.72
Shipping fedex ground?: $139.43
Fedex 2 day: $829.
Overnight?:$1084.63

My brain locked up, blew a gasket, and threw a rod.

Are you kidding me?

I went back thinking I must have entered the zip code for Abu Dhabi or something, and started the order again, only to see that the tensioner was actually out of stock.
I took the little $26 tensioner off the order, and basically got the same results, except the shipping dropped by $33.
WTF, the thing probably weighs less than 8oz?
I put it back in the cart just to see, and sure enough, the shipping went back up $33.

I was so appalled and what appeared to be a classic profit on shipping, that I looked elsewhere.
I found the tires online at Walmart for $48.99 ea with free shipping.
The tensioner and seat I found in stock at another motorsports dealer, also with free shipping.
Done deal.

But I just couldn't rest feeling like the place I had used previously had become just another outfit out there to soak the last living dollar out of my pocket.
I went to the chatboard to voice my outrage and disgust.

A number of folks responded telling me that I should have called them to discuss their pricing.

Why would I do that?
They clearly listed their their prices and shipping charges.
I order tons of shit online. I'm not going to call every seller and question their pricing practices when I don't agree with a price; I just move on.

After numerous posts, and a few folks entering my order and zip code themselves and coming up with the same info, verifying my horror, the owner showed up to post.

He first apologized for the mistake.
Ok, that's cool.
But then went on to explain that they're just a small mom and pop outfit, and then went to the haven't you ever made a mistake before card.
Mistake?
This is a full blown colossal business clusterfuck that cost them a sale.

Apparently, someone had entered the product info wrong. ie weight, size etc.

I find this unacceptable.
They're in the business of cataloging parts, and shipping them out.
That's their business, that's what they do, how can a business do something so wrong?
How do you not catch something like this, especially being a small mom and pop who oversees everything, and not some huge conglomeration with people overseas entering product info?
And please explain how an 8oz product causes a $33 shipping increase?
They couldn't, and just said that they don't set the shipping prices.

I have a predisposition and desire to give the small business my money first if I can, Walmart and Amazon have more than their fair share, and also I expect more out of a small business.

And not to tear this one business to hell, it just seems like no one really likes their jobs, cares, or just can't seem to do what they're in the business of doing.

Yeah, I'm fucking ranting.
This is a rant, and it just happened to be the final straw on this camel's back for this particular day.
Just do your job, do it right, do it well, or close the damn doors.

Ok, rant over, I feel better and could use a scotch on the rocks.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Thats the way millennial's operate. They can't "process" anything that isn't exactly correct.

If it doesn't "work" properly, they are at a loss.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
And how has this become acceptable?
On top of that, there's the excuses that never end, and it's always someone else's fault.
I find this beyond maddening.

The drivethru where half your shit is missing, or they somehow just couldn't understand that you didn't want the giggle sauce on you're happy burger.

The cashier, whose job it is to count money and make change that can't do it.
And again, the people who make gas cans you can't get the gas out of.

Tools that have to be modified somehow to do what they're supposed to do.
Customer service people who cannot comprehend the problem you're having with the product.

For example here's one:
Never owned a power washer before.

Set it up, used it for awhile, turned it off, and when going to start it again, it was like the engine was seized. Couldn't pull the rope.
Customer service was dumbfounded, and the only suggestion was to take it somewhere for service, when actually all the problem was, was that the pressure needed to be released from the wand.
Shouldn't they know this shit?
Nothing in the manual about it.

But just this shit all day long when I go out in public or just try to deal with people on a business level.

We're in the widget business, it's all we sell, but whoops, there aren't any in stock and we don't know when they'll be in.
Kentucky fried chicken, sorry, we're all out of chicken, can I get you something else? WTF?

It never ends....

So on to today's topic.

I go online looking for some parts for my trail bikes.
I need a couple of tires, a chain tensioner, and a new seat.

I used to be a frequent visitor of a chat board concerning these things, and they also happened to be a parts supplier.
I used them many times, but haven't needed anything in a year or so.

I went to the site, and found all the parts.
The tires were a bit more expensive than they were in the past, but ok, things go up.

The seat: Out of stock.
The tensioner $26.74
The tires, 19 inches, $60 each.

Total with tax: $148.72
Shipping fedex ground?: $139.43
Fedex 2 day: $829.
Overnight?:$1084.63

My brain locked up, blew a gasket, and threw a rod.

Are you kidding me?

I went back thinking I must have entered the zip code for Abu Dhabi or something, and started the order again, only to see that the tensioner was actually out of stock.
I took the little $26 tensioner off the order, and basically got the same results, except the shipping dropped by $33.
WTF, the thing probably weighs less than 8oz?
I put it back in the cart just to see, and sure enough, the shipping went back up $33.

I was so appalled and what appeared to be a classic profit on shipping, that I looked elsewhere.
I found the tires online at Walmart for $48.99 ea with free shipping.
The tensioner and seat I found in stock at another motorsports dealer, also with free shipping.
Done deal.

But I just couldn't rest feeling like the place I had used previously had become just another outfit out there to soak the last living dollar out of my pocket.
I went to the chatboard to voice my outrage and disgust.

A number of folks responded telling me that I should have called them to discuss their pricing.

Why would I do that?
They clearly listed their their prices and shipping charges.
I order tons of shit online. I'm not going to call every seller and question their pricing practices when I don't agree with a price; I just move on.

After numerous posts, and a few folks entering my order and zip code themselves and coming up with the same info, verifying my horror, the owner showed up to post.

He first apologized for the mistake.
Ok, that's cool.
But then went on to explain that they're just a small mom and pop outfit, and then went to the haven't you ever made a mistake before card.
Mistake?
This is a full blown colossal business clusterfuck that cost them a sale.

Apparently, someone had entered the product info wrong. ie weight, size etc.

I find this unacceptable.
They're in the business of cataloging parts, and shipping them out.
That's their business, that's what they do, how can a business do something so wrong?
How do you not catch something like this, especially being a small mom and pop who oversees everything, and not some huge conglomeration with people overseas entering product info?
And please explain how an 8oz product causes a $33 shipping increase?
They couldn't, and just said that they don't set the shipping prices.

I have a predisposition and desire to give the small business my money first if I can, Walmart and Amazon have more than their fair share, and also I expect more out of a small business.

And not to tear this one business to hell, it just seems like no one really likes their jobs, cares, or just can't seem to do what they're in the business of doing.

Yeah, I'm fucking ranting.
This is a rant, and it just happened to be the final straw on this camel's back for this particular day.
Just do your job, do it right, do it well, or close the damn doors.

Ok, rant over, I feel better and could use a scotch on the rocks.

And the saga continues, last week on Monday I ordered a custom cam from compcams and was guaranteed delivery no later than yesterday. When it didn't show up yesterday I called them this morning I got the ole were sorry we ran behind we can get it out tomorrow I blew a gasket. Got the supervisor on the phone explaining that they sometimes run behind and I should understand. So I explained to him that I would not have ordered said cam if the told me it would be more than 2 weeks and I understand there policies but I have my own policy that they could have emailed me last week an told me they are running behind and let me make a decision to take another route. So he agreed to overnight it out tomorrow at their cost and have it on Thursday which I said ok but I will be calling them in the morning for a tracking number that can tell me it will be here Thursday or I will go somewhere else and they can keep their custom ground cam. Why is it this way with everything now days? Running late no call or email what happened to commitment and customer service? in my business when I am running behind there is overtime to catch up not to let your customer down. They didn't know they were running behind when I ordered it?? I have a big problem with dishonesty. Marty

Bannedjoe

And the saga continues, last week on Monday I ordered a custom cam from compcams and was guaranteed delivery no later than yesterday. When it didn't show up yesterday I called them this morning I got the ole were sorry we ran behind we can get it out tomorrow I blew a gasket. Got the supervisor on the phone explaining that they sometimes run behind and I should understand. So I explained to him that I would not have ordered said cam if the told me it would be more than 2 weeks and I understand there policies but I have my own policy that they could have emailed me last week an told me they are running behind and let me make a decision to take another route. So he agreed to overnight it out tomorrow at their cost and have it on Thursday which I said ok but I will be calling them in the morning for a tracking number that can tell me it will be here Thursday or I will go somewhere else and they can keep their custom ground cam. Why is it this way with everything now days? Running late no call or email what happened to commitment and customer service? in my business when I am running behind there is overtime to catch up not to let your customer down. They didn't know they were running behind when I ordered it?? I have a big problem with dishonesty. Marty
There's nothing worse than a company whose customer service is that poor.
Not only is it frustrating to you, it leaves you looking like a boob to your customers.