• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Whiskey Glass design ... thoughts?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting new glass design for whiskey drinkers.

Watch the video at Kickstarter, its actually pretty innovative. The inner glass looks like a tulip shaped glass, but it has ridges inside to make 'waves' when you swirl the whiskey.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/norlan/the-norlan-whisky-glass
Sorry but it sounds more like hype to sell the glass than actual function. And not really new.

I had a set of glasses formed much like the bottle used for PINCH. Square bottomed but indented. And yes it does make the whiskey taste different and better.
I have three of them left of six, and if I can take a photo soon I will post it.

I'm not saying the hype is BS but it isn't new. What I will say is the shape of this new glass is tipsy. What I have is flat and stable. A good functionality when what you pour in the glass is so precious.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont buy it. I can swirl my own in my glass and do the same thing IMO.

Oh I agree, but they CLAIM the inner ridges make waves (think whitecaps on the ocean) that mix air into the whiskey.

I have classic Glencairn shaped glasses and tulip shaped glasses. I do get a very different aroma from whiskey in each type of glass. Not sure they taste any different. But for whiskey with a strong alcohol aroma I prefer to sip them from a tulip shaped whiskey glass because it seems to lessen the aroma of alcohol while the Glencairn concentrates the aroma.

So I am curious about these glasses. I may give them a try, just for science :hammer: