• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tax prep software?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It looks like my accountant of over 10 years has decided they don't want us as customers anymore. They've had our paperwork for the last month and only after I hounded them all week did they admit they haven't done the taxes yet.

We are going to pick up our paperwork today and I'm going to do our taxes tomorrow.

Our taxes aren't too complicated. I have a small business but keep it's financials pretty simple. We have some stock and investments that need to address dividends and capital gains.

What tax software do you use or recommend?

I kind of want to avoid Intuit products because of their anti-gun stance but if they are really the "best" then I will get Turbo-tax. At the moment I'm leaning towards the H&R Block product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kane

TurboTax +1.

If you have your paperwork in order first, it's a breeze. Using the business version, did a fairly complicated 1040, transferred all 2010/2011 data, with Schedules A, B & E, Depreciation and Profit/Loss ... and eFiled ... in less than an hour.

Then spit our 22 pages of legit-looking return for record. :brows: It's almost stupid-proof.

It saves all data and is easier to use every year you use it.

All for $74.50.

Last edited:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I have been pleased with Turbo Tax, guess it is the only one that I have ever used for I do not know how many years. I do about ten returns a year for friends and relitics without a problem.