• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone download OS 8 for iPhone/iPad

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone successfully downloaded the new OS for their iPhone or iPad?

I hear it is supposed to be great for anyone with an iPhone 5 or one of the newer generation iPads. NOT recommended for iPhone 4/4s or older iPads.

I tried to download it but a heavy storm has been wreaking havoc with my internet speeds so the download failed. Probably try tonight?

If anyone does get it downloaded here are some defaults you might want to change.

Some iOS 8 Privacy Settings You Might Want To Tweak ? Consumerist

k-dog

I got it with the new iPhone 6. Haven't really had a chance to play with it a lot but seems ok. My daughter downloaded it to her 5S and I know she was making changes to the settings.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
iPhone 5 no problems - not really that different. A few things but I don't really use it to it's full potential.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife did yesterday on a 4, all I can say now is she discovered it anticipates the word when texting after the first letter.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone successfully downloaded the new OS for their iPhone or iPad?

I hear it is supposed to be great for anyone with an iPhone 5 or one of the newer generation iPads. NOT recommended for iPhone 4/4s or older iPads.

Melonsdad, I have not heard IOS8 is not recommended for the 4s. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I got a message on my 4S asking if I wanted to download IOS8.

I usually download new software onto my iPod Touch first. After a few weeks of playing with it there, I'll download it to the iPhone or iPad.

Bob

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Too much crap on my 4S to allow 8 to download. Went to Sam's Club this morning and looked at the 5S ($77 w/2yr ext) and the 6 ($177 w/2yr ext). I'm not a fan of the larger profile, despite being much thinner. I'll probably get the 5S this afternoon and extend my contract. I can still get some bucks for my old 4S. My middle daughter got $193 for hers at one of the online sites about 6-7 weeks ago.

k-dog

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I like the 6 over the 5s that is my daughters because of how then it is. It is really fast compared to my old 4s and while Im not a fan of the larger screen, it was a good trade off for the speed and increased battery life which is very noticeable. I was debating to go 5s or 6 and went for the 6. Love the fingerprint thing.

Back on topic, IOS8 does some crazy thing I don't like. When closing out apps it has recent and favorite contacts across the top of the screen which I promptly turned off. I'm not a big fan of the words showing up when typing either. Still trying to decide whether or not to turn that feature off.