• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new log splitter.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice! There a quite a few folks that own the super split ,or the DR . Have heard anything but good comment about either machine . Congrats,and enjoy !

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Check out my new log splitter. Got tired of swinging a mall.

Click Here
:wow:Thats even more impresive then the vids in the advertisement. I just wonder if it would put to much strain on it if one was to add a cross wedge on it, seems like that would be the only way to improve on it to me. But then again you move a helluva lot faster then me so maybe its not needed. :biggrin:

Great vid, Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems fast but how does it do with tough knotty wood? some of our wood uses all 20 tons of my hydraulic splitters power.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those things are sweet. I too have heard nothing but great things about them.

I have the same knotty wood as Muley. Muleman - Can you mail Squerly a nasty piece so he can give it a try and let us know? TIA.

Have the same speed issue (I don't move that fast) as Cowboy. My full thoughts are on your post at NTT.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still using the old reliable Armstrong unit. But this is impressive.

It would make short work of the log pile I have from all the prairie fire dead wood i have piled up at the ranch. Most of my logs are white oak about 10" to 12" diameter. But some are over 20" in diameter.

What did it set you back SQUERLY?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How does it work? There appears to be no hydrolics. Mechanical, but how?

Really like the speed of the ram. If it costs less to build than the hydrolic type, and its faster to boot....Great idea.

Thanx, Kirk

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
How does it work? There appears to be no hydrolics. Mechanical, but how?
There are two steel "flywheels" that are spun by the engine. When the ram is engaged, the centrifugal force stored in the flywheels shoves the ram into the wood and then down to the splitter itself. Works very well. I'm and old guy but I can split 2 cord of wood before lunch with no problems.