• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Evansville, IN: Dargo's Neighbor Opens Fire on Intruder

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just down the the road from Dargo is a trigger happy neighbor who seems to understand that his home is his castle :2gunsfiri

From the Evansville Courier Press: http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/may/27/suspect-home-invasion-robbery-shot/
Evansville Report: Suspect in overnight burglary shot by resident
By Staff Report
Posted May 27, 2009 at 7:17 a.m. , updated May 27, 2009 at 9:06 a.m.

A burglary suspect is in police custody at the hospital after being shot at by the resident, police said.

It happened about 12:45 this morning during a residential break-in at 106 Harrison Blvd.

The suspect, Arnett B. Baines, is being treated at Deaconess Hospital for at least one gunshot wound, police said. He will face charges of burglary, robbery and battery.

Police say two men kicked in the back door of the home and began scuffling with one of the residents during a robbery attempt. Another resident then shot one of the robbers, prompting both of them to flee the scene.

Officers later found Baines behind the privacy fence of the house suffering from agunshot wound.

The second man was not immediately located. Evansville Police Department spokesman Steve Green said officers believe he may be Shawn Jackson, a black man about 20 years old with a stocky build. Anyone with information is asked to call police.​

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Um, can somebody tell me what the third from the top conviction means on this guy? Battery by body waste I can't say I've ever heard of this sort of arrest before. It sounds rather gross, but seems weird.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe it is now illegal to spit, bleed, pee, etc onto another person and it can be elevated up to felony charges if you have some sort of communicable disease like HIV/AIDS.

benspawpaw

too bad he missed otherwise he could have shot them both.my home may not be a castle but i will do my best to make sure an intruder doesnt make it out alive.