• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Outspoken anti-Obamacare Sen. Ted Cruz to register for Obamacare

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Seriously??!!

If you can't beat it, join it.
Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz, who has been an outspoken critic of Obamacare, is planning to use the program he wants to abolish to obtain health insurance coverage.
“We will presumably go on the exchange and sign up for health care and we’re in the process of transitioning over to do that,” Cruz, a conservative Republican from Texas, told The Des Moines Register.
Cruz, who has repeatedly called for Congress to repeal Obama’s Affordable Care Act, finds himself in need of insurance because his wife is taking an unpaid leave of absence from her job at Goldman Sachs and will lose her health care. Cruz had been receiving coverage under his wife’s employee coverage.
Under the law, members of Congress are required to purchase their health care through Obamacare exchanges.
“Well, it is written in the law that members will be on the exchanges without subsidies just like millions of Americans so that’s — I think the same rules should apply to all of us,” Cruz told the newspaper. “Members of Congress should not be exempt.”
Asked by CNN whether he would accept the government subsidies available to lawmakers for their health care coverage under Obamacare, Cruz said he will “follow the text of the law.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ted-cruz-sign-obamacare-abolish-article-1.2160977

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does he have a choice at this point? It's the law for now and he has to follow it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As a senator he is exempt from the law. He is doing it for political reasons to be sure. One of his promises if elected president is to repeal Obamacare. I suppose he wants first hand experience with the plan, and I agree with him 100% that congress should have to be covered by any law they force down the throats of the people.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As a senator he is exempt from the law. He is doing it for political reasons to be sure. One of his promises if elected president is to repeal Obamacare. I suppose he wants first hand experience with the plan, and I agree with him 100% that congress should have to be covered by any law they force down the throats of the people.

Thanks, Doc.
Now it makes perfect sense to me.