• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Enough already

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been in a deep freeze for the past 3 weeks now. It only let up enough to dump 10" of snow on us last friday. Now it's back to -32C with a windchill of -48C WTF!@$??@?@ :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Been wanting to get out snowshoeing for a while but too damned cold to do anything out there.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You have it a bit colder than we have it.

Sucks outside.

Not looking forward to paying for the next heating bill.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bunnykid.jpg

Kane

And it's only the first of January, gents. For the life of me, I'll never understand how anyone could live above the 31st parallel. WTF is wrong with you people?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I woke up freezing last night . I like fresh air when I sleep . The window was open 1/2" . It was frozen!!!!! Finally got it closed , turned up the bed warmer , loaded up the wood stove and went to sleep .

I am really hating this cold !!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's only the first of January, gents. For the life of me, I'll never understand how anyone could live above the 31st parallel. WTF is wrong with you people?
I love winter. But it has its moments we have to get through.

So we have 1 or 2 bad days, we hunker down. But then we go out X-Country Skiing :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The weather app wasn't lying. I damned near got frostbite today just filling up at the gas station. I ended up spending the afternoon at the hospital with one of the kids I work with who ended up freezing half his ear yesterday. It was very swollen and blistered massively today. That was a result of ten minutes outside in the wind yesterday without a hat.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Winter Storm 2014: On The Coldest Day In America In 20 Years, Here Are Al Gore’s Stupidest Global Warming Quotes

Posted By Michael Snyder on Jan 6, 2014 in Articles, Featured, History, Politics, weather | 99 Comments
Ice-Storm.jpg

While we are all sitting next to the fireplace wishing some heat would radiate to our frozen homes and bodies, I thought we could find some warmth in famous quotes by a Nobel prize winner.

#1 In 2008, Al Gore boldly declared to a German audience that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.” (Needless to say, that did not happen. In fact, the ice cap in the Arctic actually got larger this year.)
#2 “CO2 is the exhaling breath of our civilization, literally. … Changing that pattern requires a scope, a scale, a speed of change that is beyond what we have done in the past.” (Actually, without carbon dioxide life on earth would not exist.)
#3 “The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don’t say, ‘Well, I read a science fiction novel that told me it’s not a problem.’ If the crib’s on fire, you don’t speculate that the baby is flame retardant. You take action.” (It sounds like what Al Gore really needs is more cowbell.)
#4 During a speech at NYU Law School in 2006, Al Gore made the following statement: “Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several “tipping points” that could — within as little as 10 years — make it impossible for us to avoid irretrievable damage to the planet’s habitability for human civilization.”
#5 “Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real.”
#6 “The interior of the earth is extremely hot – several million degrees.” (It actually peaks out at about 11,000 degrees.)
#7 “There is an air of unreality in debating these arcane points when the world is changing in such dramatic ways right in front of our eyes because of global warming.”
#8 “It would be an enormous relief if the recent attacks on the science of global warming actually indicated that we do not face an unimaginable calamity requiring large-scale, preventive measures to protect human civilization as we know it.”
#9 “The survival of the United States of America as we know it is at risk. And even more — if more should be required — the future of human civilization is at stake.”
#10 “We ought to approach this challenge [of global warming] with a sense of profound joy and gratitude: that we are the generation about which, a thousand years from now, philharmonic orchestras and poets and singers will celebrate by saying, they were the ones that found it within themselves to solve this crisis and lay the basis for a bright and optimistic human future.”
former VP Al Gore

As time goes by, the scientific evidence continues to mount. It is becoming painfully evident that the theory of man-made global warming simply is not true. The following is from a recent New American article

As we huddle in our houses, take conmfort in the knowledge that the icebreaker full of "tourists" stuck in the ice of Antartica's SUMMER waters is still stranded.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So much for global warming. -27c with a windchill of -45. No wonder I never left the house in 3 days.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're back into a deep freeze. Not good. The frost is deep. 6 feet deep in spots. Burst pipes everywhere. Schools are closing intermitantly due to busted water lines. Today, a town near where I used to live was evacuated due to a busted natural gas compressor station caused by the cold. That's a town of 1800 people with no heat in -35C weather. It's going to get worse before it gets better for them. Even with leaving the water on, pipes could freeze then burst. Not a good situation all around. The windchill was -45C here today.

I've got two rental houses where I used to live. This week, I had to call in an excavator with a frost pic on it to bust through 5 feet of frozen ground to get down to a busted water main in the yard going to the house. Not looking forward to the bill for that one.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got news that they fixed the compressor station and are in the process of going door to door to relight peoples furnaces and hot water tanks. Natural gas crews were called in from all over the area to assist. For a town of 1800 people, they have to go door to door and make sure that everything lights up as it should. They have been working through the night. One former coworker of mine had the gas crew come to her home at 4am to relight her furnace. That's a long cold night in -35 weather.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That storm that's in the west is heading for us. Should be here late tomorrow bring several inches.

About 20 miles away from me there was a fire in a municipal building that burned up the entire fleet of snow removal equipment. That sucks. It's going to be a bad commute for people in that area come Monday morning. Surrounding towns have vowed to help but you can only cover so much during a snow storm.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Drove past the PennDOT yard this morning and there is not a speck of salt left in the shed. Folks betters get used to driving with just cinders and slow down.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
This entire ice/snow/bitter cold stuff is nothing more than a mass hallucination! (Al Gore told me so.):yum::yum::yum:

Then please tell Al Gore to kiss my sorry fat ass !
We are thawing here and my road is now a pot holed mess anywhere the 6" of ice has melted to the gravel :sad:.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we got snow again, & potholes dominate until they decide to fix 'em. salt is gone. cannot think of when a salt-guy last went by.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Then please tell Al Gore to kiss my sorry fat ass !
We are thawing here and my road is now a pot holed mess anywhere the 6" of ice has melted to the gravel :sad:.

Yep, know what you mean. Around here we're hallucinating that we have more inches of snow, and wind chills in the
-15 to -20 degree range. Sure is nice to know that this is all imaginary and that human-caused global warming is proven
science. :whistling:

Possible Cause of Global Warming

Fire_Gore.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually , I can refute any claim to global warming that is made with facts .

Science HAS NOT proven global warming at all . They may have proven in certain areas there has been small changes , but not the entire planet . You build concrete cities like New York and you get warmer climate as the buildings retain heat in that area . Is that global warming ? The eco nuts would like you to think so . Tear down those concrete structures and see how fast the warming trend returns to past temps .

The ice poles are melting ??? Wanna bet ? One small area at the south pole has about 2 % melted . That's where the eco nuts pulled their data from .The rest of the pole is actually getting bigger every year .

All the glaciers are melting? Wanna bet ? There are over 160,000 known glaciers of which a few thousand have actually been studied .The eco nuts used the data from just a few to determine that the ice is retreating .
Its called "pick and choose".

Its not about their concern for our planet . Its about the money they get to study this crap . Who is going to give them grants and fund their research if they walk around saying everything is just fine ?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i live in a city. we freeze; same as yinz. we're built near concrete. concrete is not warm in march, here. not by far. we manage pretty well, tho.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been in a windchill warning up here for a few days now. On average its been -45C with the wind. I damned near froze my a$$ off today just filling up the vehicle.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
@ least u have a vehichle. i have boots. i got griped @ recently, as i forewent putting on a coat. i suppose really thin ppl get so used to hypothermia, that weather is weather, & we're used to that.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
bzoom, 1 was sold. my initial 1 was in my Mom's name & we both used that 1, & she traded that 1 in when i got my own.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
woke up to -29c with a -42c windchill. WTF, if it's not snowing it's freezing cold! Most snow and cold anyone has seen in 40-50 years. Send Gore up here, maybe the hot air coming out of him will warm things up.