• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I'll remember this Memorial Day weekend....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
For the 9+" of rain we have had the past three days. I am thinking as much as 20% of my farmland is currently underwater....Much of it is planted too...Guess we'll be replanting some very large pond area's in the future.

Hard to believe after the drought conditions of the past 2 years...

I think I would rather be wet than dry though. Maybe just not this wet..

Regards, Kirk

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
That is a lot in three days. Thought it was bad when we had five inches last week and another half inch this week.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The old saying about, "It never rains but it pours" has some justification, doesn't it? Rain, there's either too little or too much. There's no happy medium.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a lot in three days. Thought it was bad when we had five inches last week and another half inch this week.

Well I was talking to the neighbor and his total was 7" so I think I forgot to dump the guage Saturday morning....But still it is alot with more in the forecast for the coming week.

Some day we will dry out. Mean while you can sure see the surface drainage pathways through the neighborhood. Lots of surface errosion with the crops still in the ground or vey small. The land is naked right now, and it is doing real damage to the land. I ate to see it like this. Doesn't happen often thank the lord.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Over 10" of rain since last weekends rains. No field work has been done to speak of across Iowa. Nearly 20% of the states corn still to plant, most of it is in N Central Iowa.

My first planted soybeans are peeking out of the ground. But I still have 700+ acers to plant. Oh boy, this is going to be one of those years.....

Not sure grain prices will be going down as the end users have been hoping either. This years crops keeps getting smaller by the day.

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
95 here two days ago. Frost predicted for tonight. Still have over 2K without power up hear since the Sunday storms.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
It was sunny and 65 this past weekend rain the weekend before than all last week it was sunny and the temps came up our roads are all washing out because of the rapid snow melt we had water running over the sinnuk river bridge and culverts are going down stream right and left so we seem to be a bit isolated right now

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's now June 14th. Yesterday I planted one field of soybeans. Just starting to get fit to work the fields, that are now full of grass and weeds. Heavy thunderstorm just brought it all to a halt....

It's getting to be late, and we need to plant.

Regards, Kirk