• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Driveway Alarm

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Does anyone have something like this?

My driveway is 1/2 mile long. It is very easy to not notice someone driving up to the house in the current situation. My pole barn is visable from the house, but is 200 yards away, so someone can drive up to the barn and I'd never know unless I happen to look out. The layout of the house is such that I have to walk over to the front door or kitchen window to see out to the driveway. I have a gate by the road, but I don't have power there to automate the gate (and I don't think I'd want to anyway) or power some sort of gizmo. I'd rather not have a rubber tube-bell setup like the old gas stations, either.

What I'm thinking is a solar powered beam across the gate posts that will send a radio transmission to a receiver in the house to ring the doorbell or something to alert whoever is in the house that some one has driven through the gate.

Anyone see or hear of such an animal??

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I fixed the link in BensPP link. It works now.

I had one battery operated one from Northern and it worked for a little bit, but wasn't worth the 80 dollars cost.
I'm considering running low voltage wire and have a wired one, but I have not seen one of those offered.
I hope someone can recommend a solution in this thread. I'm leary of the battery ones as I've had two different ones but neither of them still works. Disappointing.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks foggy. I like the one you can drive over. $155 seems it's priced reasonable. 3000ft range on this one too Av8r, so maybe it would work for you.