• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fall green beans

Passingtime2

Yesterday I picked some more of the green beans. I had picked some the day before and altogether they weighed in at 21#. We canned 6 quarts yesterday and as you can see from the pic still have several more to go.

Never tried to can peppers before so we thought we'd try it with just 1 qt. Had quite a bit of okra so canned another qt. of that while we were at it.

Attachments

• Beans on 10-12-8 (600 x 339).jpg
    Beans on 10-12-8 (600 x 339).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Canned beans, okra, peppers(600 x 339).jpg
    Canned beans, okra, peppers(600 x 339).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Partial bucket beans (600 x 339).jpg
    Partial bucket beans (600 x 339).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 28

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Just don't let my daughter see the okra. I think the kid would live off of it of we let her.:shock:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Good work on the harvesting! :thumb:

I like to plant the garden, get it all to grow, but I'm a terrible harvester. I do have the growing part down pretty good and had a decent harvest this year.

I hate canned food. My Mom was a canning nazi growing up - we had tons of canned food and for some reason it just didn't take with me.

I'm going to buy a chest freezer this year and start freezing though. I like frozen veggies.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good work on the harvesting! :thumb:

I like to plant the garden, get it all to grow, but I'm a terrible harvester. I do have the growing part down pretty good and had a decent harvest this year.

I hate canned food. My Mom was a canning nazi growing up - we haf tons of canned food and for some reason it just didn't take with me.

I'm going to buy a chest freezer this year and start freezing though. I like frozen veggies.
haha!!

Same here, I prefer frozen or fresh over canned any day.