• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Better late than never

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I started my new exercise routine yesterday. I didn't want to jump right in at the begining of the year.
Nothing elaborate. Free weights and sit ups. I'm a little sore today, but I didn't over do it. Treadmill today. I'm shooting to get in 4 workouts a week. I need this more during the winter season when I can't do physical work outside.
Wish me luck in keeping up with this. I've been thinking about it and thinking more about it over the past few years. I'm finally doing something about it.

Did anyone else start a new routine this year?

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Not exactly new routine either; just trying to pick up where I left off last summer. 5 times a week; try to rotate free-weights with walking/jogging....but no treadmill so the weather makes my decision for me more often than any planning!

Also waited a while after new year....best to let some of that holidays' sugar find it's way out of my bloodstream first anyway isn't it?;)

AFFitness13

I am going to start, but it is hard to get motivation, since I work in a gym all day long. All I want to do is go home, not stay at work for another 2 hours. But good on you guys that have started. you will hurt now, but you will feel better in the long run.

buy_25

Banned
Doc said:
I started my new exercise routine yesterday. I didn't want to jump right in at the begining of the year.
Nothing elaborate. Free weights and sit ups. I'm a little sore today, but I didn't over do it. Treadmill today. I'm shooting to get in 4 workouts a week. I need this more during the winter season when I can't do physical work outside.
Wish me luck in keeping up with this. I've been thinking about it and thinking more about it over the past few years. I'm finally doing something about it.

No just adding more miles per week this year; run everyday and was doing 30 to 40. Need to bump up speeds and time.

Treadmills are great for running/walking. I love my outside runs but the streets take the toll of my knees, sneakers etc. Plus when you pay between $3 to $5K for a treadmill, you use it!

Cityboy

Banned
Doc said:

Go for it Doc! :applause: I 've been in and out of shape most of my life (admittedly more out than in ;) ) but I finally realized a few years ago that fittness is a life long endevor like sleeping, eating and working. My goal is to excercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day 5 days a week doing what works for me. I love to eat and put pounds on easy, so I have to excercise to prevent expansion. You don't get fat and out of shape in a few months, and conversley you won't get slim and fit in a few months either. If you miss a day or two, don't beat yourself up, just continue the next day. Sometimes I might only get 20 minutes in, and sometimes miss two days in a row, but its worth doing anyway, and some weekends I might feel like hitting it hard for an hour. I like to listen to CD's of various subjects that help me think better and improve my marketable skills while I exercise. Do what works for you and keep coming back for more. Above all, have fun!