• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dancing Tractors

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone seen the Farmall Promenade ?

From the picturs and clips I've seen, this is too neat. Unfortunately, it sounds like this is the Last Dance. I missed them when they were in SD a couple weeks ago, so I just may have to make a trip to Nemaha IA this weekend.

American Woman

Site Supporter
This looks like a lot of fun!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcGs_Kw3wxc"]YouTube - Iowa State Fair - Farmall Promenade Square Dancing Tractors[/ame]

American Woman

Site Supporter
Your welcome! I read the article, and wanted to see the tractor dance, so I went looking :yum:
We have The Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club, It's a non-profit organization. Redneck and I try to go every time there's an event. The boys enjoy it as much as we do. it's about 10 miles behind our place. We load up the Kawasaki mule and ride all thru the show. We look like the Beverly Hillbillies. We gotta get a picture of that next time :rolf2:
http://www.floridaflywheelers.org/about.html

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
What a show! I've been to things that were anticlimatic, and was hoping this would not be one: no disappointments! The pictures don't do the DVD justice and the video just can't compete with being right up close [we arrived well over an hour early to find a good place to put lawn chairs: just a sidewalk between us and the "ring"]; another 10 minutes and we would have either been a block away or stowing the chairs in favor of the bleachers.

Actually, the people in the bleachers probably got to enjoy the patterns better, but the DVD is great for that. The CD only had the theme song on it, so with the DVD too, buying the CD was a mistake, but it was a free show, so I'm not complaining!

Thought about hanging around longer (they had food for 1,800; I think $7.00; and a street dance latter) and talking with the guys a bit more, but afraid my wife would have been sun-burnt crispy. I did talk to a couple [watching the DVD they always hang around after the show] of them a bit, but since they all had family wanting pictures etc, I didn't want to take too much of anyone's time.

Funny enough, I didn't know anyone even associated with the show, yet it nearly brought a tear to my eye when they did the last "chorusline" then not only adding in the two alternates, but seating the caller on her dad's JD MT they secretly restored over two weeks prior to the Nemeha show.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
After watching the DVD to, I really hope they come out with another DVD adding this show: the show that's on the DVD was a few from years ago, they've gone from dang good to near perfection. :thumb:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
KPTH News

Rough math I wasn't making 4,000; however, it was packed from all four directions and a few on top of corner buildings. Of course, "town of less than a thousand" is a gross understatement too: less than 100 [and trying to figure out what happend to the other 20!] they noted at the show.

The performance area is actually much smaller than it looks too, making tight turns even more fun to watch.

American Woman

Site Supporter
It's sounds like you had a ball! We love to go to the antique engine show here. We spend all day and stay well after dark eating supper there and enjoying the what ever is going on

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
It's sounds like you had a ball! We love to go to the antique engine show here. We spend all day and stay well after dark eating supper there and enjoying the what ever is going on

Several shows are than an hour away from us, so we used to do the same thing at least once a year. I always thought is was more fun if I had a tractor or threshmachine or something to exhibit, but haven't made it to any in a few years with too many things going on in the summer.

I bet that is a sight with y'all loaded on the mule; the contrast between the mule and low rpm tractors has to be quite the contrast alone!

This was more like watching a "grandstand" show at the fair than being at a threshing bee, but you're right, we thoroughly enjoyed it! :w00t:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter