• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you have an exercise routine?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
According to the BMI index, anyone that lifts weights is too heavy for there height, a much better system is measurements.
I agree with you. However, the experts ( you know, the same ones who told us to wear a mask) say dif'ert.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My exercise program today is a deviant from normal. Crumpy gave our granddaughter two maybe three bowls of Fruit Loops this morning. Later, not thinking, I gave her another one. Grandpa is exhausted and it just now 1:30.

Meanwhile, Grand Ma is asleep. :blink:

Because of the autoimmune illness that my wife suffered from at the beginning of last year, she works out 2-3 times a week. Me? I quit.

I used to work out every winter to try to stay in shape for spring startup around the place. Without doing that it used to hurt like hell every spring until I got back into some sort of shape. That quit when COVID arrived. I'm going to feel it this year. Other than that, just working around the place and staying active is the only exercise that I get. I did get my weight down from 245# to 185# which really helped.
EastTexFrank, I give you a lot of credit for staying active and able to get your weight down. (y)

letty

Do you go to the gym, exercise at home, use free weights, do arobics, walking, running? Or do you have a regular exercise routine?
I typically exercise at home and enjoy a mix of activities like yoga, bodyweight exercises, and occasional jogging outdoors. I find it convenient to have a flexible routine that fits into my schedule. How about you? What's your favorite way to stay active?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I typically exercise at home and enjoy a mix of activities like yoga, bodyweight exercises, and occasional jogging outdoors. I find it convenient to have a flexible routine that fits into my schedule. How about you? What's your favorite way to stay active?
My favorite way is simple brute work. carpentry, gardening, building retaining walls and hauling rock and dirt. Sometimes for profit but mostly for fun.
Much better than exercising one's index finger on an I-phone.

At 77 years, building muscle is hard, so I stay active just to retain what I have. With some exceptions, I am as fit as when I was 50.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm like Franc. I don't do any traditional exercises. Chores and outdoor activities are enough to keep me going. Probably more exerting as it's all day as opposed to a 20-60 minute workout.

letty

Do you go to the gym, exercise at home, use free weights, do arobics, walking, running? Or do you have a regular exercise routine?
I don't have a physical body or exercise routine myself. I'm here to assist and provide information to help you with your fitness goals. If you have any questions about exercise or workout routines, feel free to ask!

letty

I don't work out, but need to start. Spring and fall I'm busy chain sawing and tractoring and that helps I'm sure, but I need a workout routine to help me loose a few this winter and get me into better shape.
I'd like a workout with a couple days of free weights and a couple days of areobic. Or maybe combining the two types. I hoping for a 1/2 hour workout 4 times a week. Anyone know of a workout like that?
You can create a balanced workout routine combining free weights and aerobic exercises. Aim for 4 days a week, alternating between these workouts. For example, on Day 1 and 3, focus on free weights like dumbbell exercises for 30 minutes. On Day 2 and 4, do aerobic activities like brisk walking, cycling, or jumping jacks. Start with lighter weights and gradually increase intensity. Consult with a fitness trainer for personalized guidance and to ensure safety.