• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Next Round

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's 5pm and the next round of storms are just getting fired up. Heavy thunderstorms and hail and we're under a tornado warning until at least 10 o'clock.

What with Shawnee and Moore, it's been an interesting few days. Most of the previous two days storms passed just to the north of us in East Texas but not this one. AH well, I've taken all the precautions that I can in order to ride it out so we'll just have to see what happens. The sky right now has that green tint to it that always makes me nervous. I hate these late afternoon/early evening storms as the light is so bad that you can't see a thing. Besides the rain is so heavy that you couldn't see a twister anyway and the noise of the rain and thunder is so loud it would be on you before you could take shelter.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck to you Frank. The one that hit Moore sure showed the importance of those storm shelters. Some folks had to wait till debris was removed to get out but they were unhurt despite all the destruction. They just interviewed one old fella who took cover with 10 kids and his daughter in one. They all were fine even though the house was gone.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea Muley, there's no doubt those things saved a lot of lives in Moore. We go under the house if told to do so. It's safer and better equipped than a storm shelter, well most of them anyway. We could easily live under there and have on a couple of occasions.

Of course, none of that makes any difference if you don't have any warning. That's why radar, weather radio and storm watchers are so important.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I'm glad that is over. It was a wild and wooly 3 hours last night. We officially got 3.4" of rain with lots of wind, lightening and scattered hail thrown in but no bad, bad stuff. We didn't even lose power although it did blip a couple of times.

There were a couple of major roads closed for a while because of downed trees and I heard a couple of limbs come down on our place towards the end of the storm when it had quietened down a bit. I'll go look around this morning to see where the damage is but on first inspection this morning, it doesn't look too bad. Lots of leaves, twigs and little branches scattered all over the yard though.

After the devastation in Oklahoma it's always a relief when you get through one of these things with only minor damage. It does make you realize how random these events are and how powerless you are to prevent them.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess some of that is moving through here now. All kinds of warnings on TV and the weatherbug. Just checked radar as it looks real nasty to the south but the worst appears to be passing just east of us. An earlier cell hit the northern part of the county and downed a bunch of trees. Been lucky so far.:w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of trees and powerlines down from last nights storms but the real bad stuff was up east of Syracuse. It formed up one hell of a line down in central Pa. and moved NE through the Poconos.