• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

the weather is awesome!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
wow. jus' went fer a stroll, & it was so warm, i considered changing. beautiful weather! sun, bright skies, although there is significant humidity. plants have begun to bloom & leaves have begun to appear. now, i'll gladly take winter & snow, 'cept this is pleasant enough.:flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Been nice up here. hit 63 when I was out getting blood work done. Now the wind has started blasting again. Going to stay windy till Sunday with temps dropping into the 20's Friday and Saturday night.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
aw, that sux, squerly.
muley, ur proximity to here may mean this weather'll fade, too. was blustery & snowin' like a bitch earlier in april. u jus' dunno w/ this region. although it's sweeeet to have a pleasant day where there wasn't rain, snow, ice, hail~
soon ppl be swimming. i'm getting a pool pass the day they open.

dammit, i'm being an optomist fer once. must be somethin' in the air.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Come up here and clean the algae off the bottom of mine and you can swim for free. I could fatten you up with some real food and have you filling that bikini in no time....:clap::yum:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been getting rain, snow and sunshine lately. Was 16*F here this,AM 48*F as I type. Getting our 10' x 18' green house together. Linda started flower, tomato and broccoli seed about a month ago. The greenhouse will be mainly to grow tomatoes in so we can vine ripen them for canning.
Mike

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Come up here and clean the algae off the bottom of mine and you can swim for free. I could fatten you up with some real food and have you filling that bikini in no time....:clap::yum:

hehe. i cleaned enough algae from my phishtanks over the years. i'll gracefully decline on that 1. u sound like my doctor. i ingest so much food, lol! i baffle my guy.
p.s.- i wear boy cut swim-shorts & a bikini-top w/ a hanes tee over that.:wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We've been getting rain, snow and sunshine lately. Was 16*F here this,AM 48*F as I type. Getting our 10' x 18' green house together. Linda started flower, tomato and broccoli seed about a month ago. The greenhouse will be mainly to grow tomatoes in so we can vine ripen them for canning.
Mike
Plan on a fan for air flow. You will get a jump start on a lot of stuff with it.:clap::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not mine, Mule's... :wink:
Don't remind me. Going to be way too windy to try to cover them. (40mph gusts):hammer: The wind usually does prevent the frost but 20's can damage the buds pretty quick. Everything is budded out too. All kinds of red and light green showing when you look at the woods on the mountains.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
:biggrin:, there, squerly.

muley, my Grandpap used to place layers of thick plastic covering & metal cones he built from chickenwire over his plants when a frost was due. saved the tomatoes, scallions, & his other garden plants many a time.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Plan on a fan for air flow. You will get a jump start on a lot of stuff with it.:clap::clap:

She's had a fan blowing gently on all the seedlings to strengthen them for outside in the "real world". Or are you talking about using the fan in the greenhouse?
Thanks,
Mike

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. You need to keep the air moving in the greenhouse as well. Helps prevent mold and other problems from hot stagnant humid air. You should consider a humidifier also. They like a high humidity level. We try to maintain at least 60% in ours. This helps them a lot but can lead to fungus and mold problems unless the air is moving. Make plans to vent excess heat on real sunny days as they will cook plants in a hurry if you are not watching the temps.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
the lady in my sister apt. building has begun planting. i wave & say, 'hiiiiiiiii'' when she is tending to her plants. sweet 'ol lady. they placed her mail in my box again, so i'll swing on by fer a visit later on while i give her her mail.
tiredretired, seems rather pleasant, there! wear sunscreen & stay hydrated~

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang wind has a piece of my ground cloth ripped out of the ground and blown against the orchard fence.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
She's had a fan blowing gently on all the seedlings to strengthen them for outside in the "real world". Or are you talking about using the fan in the greenhouse?
Thanks,
Mike

i'm not naïve. u gotta remember, i was not urban until my 20's. i got bored. school took over. i found the city- & luv this city