• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

All God's chillun gotta have shoes......

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Just bought a new pair of work boots for my job at the plant. RedWings ofcourse. This is my 6th pair in 20 years. The last pair lasted me 3 years. They're just the thing for walking on steel and concrete all day. When I'm working on things I like to do, building, trying to weld, running my TC, I usually wear Caterpillar boots. For the price, you can't go wrong, just trash them once a year and get some more.

The soles on my boots usually outlast the insides. I seem to wear out the support my feet need, before anything else. Man, when your feet and legs ache, it's time for new shoes.:D

What do you guys wear?:confused::tiphat:

Attachments

• Pic538 (Small).JPG
    Pic538 (Small).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 199

humor_me

Redwings, for work

New Balance ( or Reeboks) for sporty stuff - jogging walking etc,
Rockports for most other stuff

:beer:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I've got big flat wide feet with nice big bunions. I'm pretty much stuck to EEEE New Balance shoes these days. I've got some Merrel (sp?) leather hiking boots for the heavy duty stuff but my feet usually hurt after wearing them for a day.

buy_25

Banned
Work shoes?? I get free work shoes [sneakers, boots whatever all ESD] at work every six months.

Running is Mizuno Wave Creation 6 or 7; only last about 3 months max (about 480 miles).

Normal work are rockports or anything I want.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
johnday said:
What do you guys wear?:confused::tiphat:

John,

You should have been around last summer. Redwing had a big two week sale. Everything was marked down big time. I bought a pair just like them for around $45.00. They were suppose to have a blemish on them but I can't find the blemish anyplace. And now after 4 months you wouldn't find the blemish anyway. Got me some of them inserts that you heat up in the oven for them too. Can't beat them.

murph

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm not quite as impressed with Redwing's "muscle shoes" as their work boots, but that's about all I'll buy in either. Anything else seems to fall apart in a few monthes. The shoes, I can get a year or better with. The boots, much longer [only wear half as much, but abuse much worse].

For cowboy boots, I have some HHs that aren't bad, but the wife swears by Nocona and I'm thinking she's right.

edit: I think the Muscle Shoes I'm thinking of are now their 6668 Oxford

:weneedpic or not!:yum:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
thcri said:
John,

You should have been around last summer. Redwing had a big two week sale. Everything was marked down big time. I bought a pair just like them for around $45.00. They were suppose to have a blemish on them but I can't find the blemish anyplace. And now after 4 months you wouldn't find the blemish anyway. Got me some of them inserts that you heat up in the oven for them too. Can't beat them.

murph

Good deal Murph!! Those ones I just got were $165. I think they're well worth the bucks. My legs and ankles haven't ached half as much by the end of the day. Hopefully, these will be the last ones I'll buy for powerplant work!:tiphat::beer:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Jeez John, 165 bucks and they still only give you one shoe :eek:

I wear a pair of Cats that I swapped for an old pair of chemical proof seteelies :thumb:

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Most of the boots I've worn rarely last one season on the farm.. it's the constant getting wet / then drying out. This winter I've been wearing a pair of "Muck Boots" (TSC had them).. glad I've got them.. w/ the warm winter and all the rain.. it's been nothing but mud.

I've been going to the Discount shoe store where they have the odds & ends of discontinued shoes.. they have Timberline,Columbia, and other brand names.. I just pick out a pair that feels comfortable.. and looks like they'll last.