• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A good flashlight?

dzalphakilo

Banned
humor_me said:
That looks like a "poacher special!"

Number one, I should of known better when some of the guys brought out beer cans from the ATV's. Number two, you had to see the guys face when I asked him what he thought the slide would do on his Ruger since he had it taped to the frame with the flashlight (deer in the headlights look). Number three, and the real scary part, out of four guys, I was the only one to bring this up.

Apparently this was his first "outting" with his "invention" and he was proud that he only spent a couple of bucks and could use his sidearm with a flashlight with the same hand.

I B.S you not.

Reminds me of "necessity is the mother of invention" and "something is only worth what someone is willing to pay".

Personally, $100 is not bad at all for a good, bright dependable flashlight. Heck, if I remember correctly, the M6 goes for $350. May sound like a lot for a light (more than I'd ever pay for civilian use), however, have one in your hands and need one, you will see why you pay more.

Last edited:

elsmitro

floppy member
dzalphakilo said:
By the way, I sincerly hope you were congratulating Bob on purchasing his light and not thinking that I spent 2k on the light I posted about.

Yeah, I kinda figured, :thumb: :yum:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
BIMP!

Still have the Streamlight Lightbox and use it nearly every night while feeding the horses. However I wanted to also have a smaller flashlight for the truck glove box, so I picked up a Pelican SabreLite 2000PL. Nice size powered by three "C" batteries, and a very bright Xenon bulb. Again, this one was recomended by my firefighter friends and family.

http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=2000PL

20060613013439_Photo2.jpeg