• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What a mess!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Last week I decided to return to my Idaho ranch . My nieghbor wanted to go up and offered to drive and pay 1/2 the fuel cost if he could cut some fence post off a small piece of timbered property that joins the ranch . I needed the property thinned out and jumpped at it .

What a mess in just a few months since I been there . About 1000 feet of fencing is down where the Elk and Moose have just busted it down :doh:. The grass in the front pasture must have been close to 5 feet tall and was so thick that my nieghbor needed to drive a ATV in front of me as I mowed it down to keep from running over the babyWhite Tail fawns that were hiding in it . The new pond I installed last year needs a bigger overflow installed and the new front lawn grew a really nice batch of weeds ,but NO grass !!!! And the brand new Refrig took a dump and quit working :furious:!!

So I arrived back in Ca. on Saturday and I will be leaving tomorrow with the truck and trailer loaded up with supplies headed back to the ranch to start repairs for the next month or so .

Don't get me wrong as I knew this was the ranch life of living in the back country when I purchased the old place :punk: . I actually really enjoy getting up there and always having plenty to do . Going to be putting a lot of hours on the old tractor for awhile .:thumb:

The good news is the Elk Herd looks very good regardless of the Wolf problems we been having . I have a feelin that many Wolves have been getting sick and dying from lead poison :shifty:. I counted 35 new Elk Calves in just two herds that total about 115 adult Elk . The White Tail deer seem to have dropped a lot of twins this year and are as numberous as rabbits .

Now if old Dad can stay outta the hospital and not fire his new nurses ,so I end up back here ,I will be as happy as a Pig in the Mud!:dizzy::chicken:

Have a good one folks! I'm outta here for awhile !!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Have fun Al! I've been away for 10 days and it is amazing what can grow in a short period of time! :eek: