• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

$12,897

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Dave, if you want the vacant lot across the road from me, it is now for sale as of this past weekend. 5.8 acres.

$120,000 for the lot, or $20,689 per acre!?! :4_11_9:

I don't get it. It is a long narrow lot with lots of road frontage, it will be difficult to build on, cannot be divided, and way way way overpriced. I'd say $85,000 for the lot would be reasonable.

Gatorboy

My property is for sale, but it's a bit more expensive ... $23,618 / acre. I only have 48.69 acres, not 333.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Now see, I'm much nicer. I'd sell about 175 acres of my property for about $3600 an acre. It has right at 2 miles of road frontage counting the eastern and northern border, has electricity on the lot, is zoned as forestry, and has 9 decent lakes on that part. What a deal!!

There again, I was set to sell it last year for only a little less and I got cold feet and backed out of the sale. Even in the middle of no where and zoned as forestry (from ag), I don't know where I could replace the land for anywhere close to that price. I got worried that I'd sell it to help pay for college costs (5 kids) and then, when they are out of college, try to buy it back only to find that it is worth $15,000 per acre. Even though it is rather rural, it is only a 20 minute drive to the Toyota plant that builds the Tundra trucks and Sequoia SUV's.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
My property is for sale, but it's a bit more expensive ... $23,618 / acre. I only have 48.69 acres, not 333.

Haven't you been trying to sell that property for almost two years?

Hmmm...perhaps it's not worth what you are asking then?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
has electricity on the lot
:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

A unique setup as well. It's not in the air and not buried. You'll have easy access as the wire laying right on the ground.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
5 Acres across the road from me is "sale pending" at $57,000 an acre.

No house, no view - just a small horse barn.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
5 Acres across the road from me is "sale pending" at $57,000 an acre.

No house, no view - just a small horse barn.

You's guys is confusing the issue here. I can easily find buildable lots for sale that are probably pushing upwards of $1,000,000 per acre in the Chicago area and elsewhere.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
After seeing some of the prices here I have decided to sell the family's two quarters, the lowest price I have seen on this thread is $3600 per acre and at that price it would be gone in a minute.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
California said:
Bob, buy it to control your view - or you will soon wish you had.
I did just that about 2 years ago when I bought the 3 acres next door to me. It is a much nicer lot that the one across the road. The lot across the road is going to be very hard for someone to build on and is not really in my line of sight so I have no desire to own it.

When I bought the lot next door to me I paid just over $20K per acre, but as I said, it is a much nicer lot, has many places that are suitable for building, a nice long slope to the rear and it backs up to my 32 acre field. In fact it is ideal for looking over much of my property. That is why I bought it, and for me, it was worth every penny, but I thought it was way overpriced then.

The lot across the road is about 225 feet deep but maybe 800+ long with road frontage on its length. Running down the middle of it is a ravine that drops down about 45 to 50 feet deep and is over 100' wide. That makes it so the buyer will very likely have to build up near the road. It has no real views. A good design will be a multi-level house facing the back of the lot that overlooks the ravine and has a walk-out level, or two, to take advantage of the view of the ravine. It would get minimal sun.

Gatorboy

DaveNay said:
Haven't you been trying to sell that property for almost two years?
Actually, no. I put up a FOR SALE BY OWNER sign last May. I've had a few offers -- but I'm not budging too much on price. I've said no to $650K, $850K and $875K from three different people. I am in no rush to sell, and if someone wants it bad enough, they will pay my price.

My sign blew down last November in a big storm and I never put it back up. About 2 weeks ago I got myself a Realtor so that it would be put into the multiple listing and can deal with all the phone calls. Apparently the Realtor has been sending out many plat maps to potential customers.

Just last week, someone wanting to build a $3M home walked the lot and liked it very much ... we shall see if anything comes of it.

... but thanks for your concern.

dzalphakilo

Banned
GB

Sooner or later, where you're at (location), I have no doubt you'll sell the place for your asking price.

I'm curious though.

Usually I can be a smart ass and and be sarcastic and KNOW when I'm being a dick when I reply per a post/thread. Do you know the same when you post (being a dick or being sarcastic) or don't you have a clue?

Reason why I ask is for the first time since reading any of your posts, I'm reading a post more than three sentences long, and there is no "smart ass answer" given from you.

That has got to be a first.

Well, actully, caught the last sentence of your last post, but the sarcasim is apparent.

Gatorboy

dzalphakilo said:
Reason why I ask is for the first time since reading any of your posts, I'm reading a post more than three sentences long, and there is no "smart ass answer" given from you.

That has got to be a first.

No, I'm sure I've had a couple other posts that were completely serious ... but don't quote me on it.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Gatorboy said:
No, I'm sure I've had a couple other posts that were completely serious ... but don't quote me on it.

I can't but help think that in life, your nothing like your internet persona.

Gatorboy

dzalphakilo said:
I can't but help think that in life, your nothing like your internet persona.
Take away my sarcastic zingers and that's pretty much what you get with me in real life. I crack jokes and express my opinions -- but I am by far much more sincere to others when face-to-face ... honest.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Dave, just curious, what's it worth now?

SOLD!

I just talked to the tenant really quick this morning, and he says the property sold this past week. I have no idea what the final price was, but last time I checked they were still asking the full price.