• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bit of rural living in Wales

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Woolly jersey time in Wales

Attachments

• Phone - shearing 008.jpg
    Phone - shearing 008.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Phone - shearing 010.jpg
    Phone - shearing 010.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Phone - shearing 015.jpg
    Phone - shearing 015.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 72

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anita apparently when I show up on your doorstep next month there will be a bunch of naked sheep roaming around :bunnies:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Anita apparently when I show up on your doorstep next month there will be a bunch of naked sheep roaming around :bunnies:
Bob - Just be careful that you don't take your shirt off when you are out back on the farm - unless you wanted that problem taken care of! :blink:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh now with the back hair jokes!!!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My sheep still have their woolly jerseys on at the moment, possibly shear them next week if the weather is fine. You can't shear wet sheep. Some of the sheep in the pictures have come to stay at my place to help my 'gang' with the grass. I don't shear sheep, I just roll the fleeces (and pinch the best ones for spinning!) If you are worried about naked sheep, Bob, I will crochet them some clothes! I hope I brought back some good memories for thcri, how do your sheep get their woollies off, if they are not sheared? I don't know about shearing championships, but I expect they do, somewhere.

daedong

I don't think those sheep would produce very good spinning wool, it would be to course. It would make you itch like mad. But their lambs would be good eating.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually Daedong, they produce some very nice wool for spinning. Last year I had a young ram's fleece and it produced 5lb 2oz of beautiful wool and I only had a carrier bag full of 'rubbish'. It is very soft and creamy too, I am spinning some of this year's shearing at the moment and have the first skein ready for washing. The sheep in the picture is a 'milk' sheep and is kept for milk as they are setting up a sheep's cheese business. The breed is Friesland, by the way.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Heavens! What will they think of next? Don't tell my 'gang' about the coats or they will all want one.