• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I guess I'm building a new barn/shop

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like I'll start building a new shop/barn when I get to Idaho . As if I ain't got enough to do already . I think it will end up 40'x60' with side sheds . I was hoping to get away with a nice metal building ,but the wife wants it to match the old Ranch house which is "Blued" Board and Batt natural Pine siding with rock veneer !!! On a Damn Barn !!!

The nieghbor imports Amish Mules that are really something and she has decided that she may want one .

I like the horse I have . Its a Polaris Sportsman 500 and does not cost me a cent to feed in the winter .I like it so much I got her a matching one too . They are named "His & Hers" .The damn mule is going to cost more than my ATV did to buy .Those Amish don't just give them Mules away :doh:!!! One ton of hay goes in the front and 5 tons of crap ,comes out the back !!!
So looks like i'll be installing a concrete block perimeter foundation and then pour a concrete slab in the shop area . The wood we will cut & milled off the place and i'll bring the rock for the veneer up from Calif . The steel roofing will be purchased locally .

There goes my goofing off and scouting for Elk that I planned for the summer !!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The nieghbor imports Amish Mules that are really something and she has decided that she may want one .

Allen not sure if it will help with the wife's desires, but my wife and daughter wanted a horse and sundry other critters. We've got 4 dogs in the house now. So I began to explain to them that we have trained deer, trained pheasants and mostly trained raccoons and chipmunks. Of course they are all trained to feed and water themselves. I even trained them to come back home when they feel the need, but being that they are now of legal age they are allowed to stay out all night if they wish. They are so much easier to care for when you don't put them in a corral and wait on them hand and foot. Its a tough love sort of arrangement that I have with them, seems to work for me :mrgreen:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Allen not sure if it will help with the wife's desires, but my wife and daughter wanted a horse and sundry other critters. We've got 4 dogs in the house now. So I began to explain to them that we have trained deer, trained pheasants and mostly trained raccoons and chipmunks. Of course they are all trained to feed and water themselves. I even trained them to come back home when they feel the need, but being that they are now of legal age they are allowed to stay out all night if they wish. They are so much easier to care for when you don't put them in a corral and wait on them hand and foot. Its a tough love sort of arrangement that I have with them, seems to work for me :mrgreen:

LOL !! Ain't that the truth !!!

We have a couple thousand miles of trails to ride where you will seldom even cross a forest road here in Elk City . I have 3 wilderness areas surrounding our place . The Selway Bitteroot , The Frank Church and the Gospel Hump area . They only allow foot traffic,horses or mountain bikes into most of the wilderness areas .
The wifes girlfriend who came down to Panama this year on vacation lives in Elk City and rides often . They got it all figured out to become Bitch Cassidy and the lap Dance Kid ! When the two of them get together , I might as well have 2 wifes . If one ain't telling me what to do the other one is ! GEEZ!!!:unsure::huh::doh:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Al, the horse lovers should be the ones building the horse barn.

There. I solved your problem for you.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, the horse lovers should be the ones building the horse barn.

There. I solved your problem for you.

Oh yea !!! Like that is going to happen !!! :sad: Well it won't be so bad . I am going to put in a nice little shop to hide out in . I can't believe how bad snow can destory stuff if it sits outside . It will be nice to have all my tractor implements under cover .