• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Roy Clark Dead at 85

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If it had strings Roy could play it and very well. RIP, Roy!! You have been and will remain a legend!!
Mike

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This one hurt, I am a big fan of Roy. We’re gonna miss you Roy! Peace be with you among the angels. Play them a nice song sir!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I got a kick out of our son, who will be 50 next year, a couple of years ago. He heard one of Roy's songs on the radio and started listening to all of his songs and was simply amazed at his instrument playing and his wonderful voice. I told him when he was very young he probably heard Roy play on hee haw as Linda and I hardly ever missed watching it.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow 85. I would not have guessed he was that old.
I sure admired the way he could play.
I met his son. He worked in the same place I did at one time. He lent me a pair of jumper cables one day when another friend was stranded and I was headed to the rescue but didn't have any cables. Nice guy and looking at him did remind me of Roy.
May you RIP Roy Clark.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ah, man. Very sad. RIP, Roy. You will be missed by us all. You were truly one of the great ones. :thumbup::clap:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's Roy doing the only John P. Sousa march commonly done on harmonica and guitar:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQlgqtfieSs"]Roy Clark Under The Double Eagle LIVE early '90's - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was watching videos of his television appearances last night.
So many others who are masters of the instrument coming out and expressing their love and respect for him.
From the old greats to Eddie Van Halen.

If you get a chance, watch him doing Under The Double Eagle, and Orange Blossom Special.
Brilliant.