• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sold in Concord NY

damian mantis

I just bought this 78 sno cat with the terra track system in Concord NY. I'm brand spankin' new to this whole sno cat thing, but i ran it around our PA property and it was an awesome experience. love it!

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 348
the rubber tracks are awesome----I was at cooks (get snow)couple years ago and that cat was there ---they had used it as a loaner cat----they were getting ready to update it to rubber tracks------I just sold a few weeks ago the same cat ---mine had steel/rubber tracks---that cat needs big open spaces to play in--lol----it was just to big for are tubing hill---we only roll the hill---so I use my geo tracker on mattracks or my sv200---they are faster and easier to get around with----the tucker has great power--I pulled a tractor trailer(truck and trailer) out of a ditch like nothing

Attachments

• tucker-beer cooler-chopper-rzr 067.jpg
    tucker-beer cooler-chopper-rzr 067.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 350
  • sv 200 003.jpg
    sv 200 003.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 346

The Sweet Wbj1

GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Damian!

Topwelder can you post a pic of the attachment you used to do that? I live in GA so I am snow ignorant!

damian mantis

yes the previous owner said that Cook's put the Terra track system on it in 2002ish. Although its the first sno cat i ever drove (don't have anything to compare it to) it seems like a smooth, quiet and quick riding system. i drove it on our 300 acreas of mountain property. We don't have snow, so i would think it would be even smoother in the snow.

damian mantis

i may offend some loyal sno cat lovers, but i am putting a Mach 1 body on mine and going for the post-apocalyptic theme.

Attachments

• night krawler.jpg
    night krawler.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 320
I looked and I don't have a pic. of the roller we use.i built the roller from a 24 inch driveway culvert .i had my steel company plazma cut the ends like 4 inches bigger round than the pipe----not sure what your looking to do but the roller works good for the hill because it will follow the ground and give the tubers a fun ride-----there r times that I have to go up and down the hill with just the cat with no roller---to much snow and it will build up in frt. of the roller---here is a pic. of my drag I use to do my trails---my pan is also heated

Attachments

• trail drag--easy pull 005.jpg
    trail drag--easy pull 005.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 308
  • trail drag--easy pull 004.jpg
    trail drag--easy pull 004.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 312

damian mantis

It was actually my brains that earned me all my money, so i have a lot of both. Not sure which i have more of, but thanks for the compliment! :biggrin:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i may offend some loyal sno cat lovers, but i am putting a Mach 1 body on mine and going for the post-apocalyptic theme.

That is going to be straight awesome.

You better mad max it up a bit and get started on the guitar playing dude tethered to the SV200 out front. (with a wall of speakers)

You will combining two lust worthy items into one, that is as lean and effiecient as one can get in the hobby world.

:wow:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That Mustang needs a 6-71 jimmy blower sticking out of the hood.. :brows:

One with a carburetor hidden inside. :whistling:

But the wow factor would be off the charts! :clap:

Regards, Kirk

rdynes01

And I think you are going to need quite a bit of both. It's one thing to photoshop a Mustang body on a Tucker chassis and quite another thing to make it work, besides the fact that it is a mid engine Tucker what with the engine location, steering, and all the various controls to connect. Not to mention mounting the body , the engine basically sitting in the passenger compartment, and figuring out seating etc. Now don't get me wrong, knock yourself out and if you make it work I'll be the first to tip my hat to you and admit I was wrong but I'll just have to wait and see and please post plenty of pictures as you progress......Bob

damian mantis

i've been modifying vehicles for 30 years. welded up my first hydraulic bed when i was 15 using the pump and cylinder from a concrete truck. i have built lifted vehicles that have won best suspension and best engineered in national shows. Now i'm building a few "mad max" vehicles for another project im involved in. I enjoy a challenge and relocating cab controls and an engine will be challenging but won't be anything more difficult than some of the serious ground up builds that i have constructed. i'll keep ya posted with pix.

Attachments

• thumper and krawl 12 cropped.jpg
    thumper and krawl 12 cropped.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 133
  • at office.jpg
    at office.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 131
  • bloomsburg 2014.jpg
    bloomsburg 2014.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 133
  • slingshot 2.jpg
    slingshot 2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 10455254_712431365485772_4460893334563457588_n[1].jpg
    10455254_712431365485772_4460893334563457588_n[1].jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 133
  • bully 2.jpg
    bully 2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 130
  • black sunshine 2.jpg
    black sunshine 2.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 130

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
After seeing your previous builds,I think you're the right guy for the job! Looking forward to seeing pictures of you're progress.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Topwelder: would you consider posting some pictures of your drag? We need to build one that is not too heavy,and yours looks to be very efficient.