• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

thiokol spryte recreation

mkntrakes

its been a while since i have posted here so i thought it was time to show some photos of new project under way, objective frame up recreation and to make more user friendly by adding a five man cab that is more user friendly

Attachments

• 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,609
  • 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,585
  • 095.JPG
    095.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,595
  • 097.JPG
    097.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,597
  • 099.JPG
    099.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,568
  • 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,624

mkntrakes

here's a few more

Attachments

• 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 101.JPG
    101.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 1,547
  • 102.JPG
    102.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,509

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some assembly required!

Attachments

• 868.jpg
    868.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,425
  • 871.jpg
    871.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,403
  • 869.jpg
    869.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,378
  • 870.jpg
    870.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,400

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great project !!!
Thanks for the pictures !

Yup. What she said :clap:

What are your plans for upgrading the cabin interior? You said you wanted the cab more user friendly.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that is a nice job are you also replacing the skin or did you just strip it down still wished i had the time and resources to do a frame off resto like that but with 4 kids i just dont have the time or the money maybe in about 17 years when i get rid of the last kid and i'm not too crippled

mkntrakes

Mtn Crawler.. Nice Work!!! I like the unistrut seat rails and the full lift off cab. Is this for your use or a client?

the machine belongs to mtn crawler but life is too busy [girlfriend]so he brought it to me so i can work some magic and give him a machine that will take him to new heights thanks for the complements

mkntrakes

that is a nice job are you also replacing the skin or did you just strip it down still wished i had the time and resources to do a frame off resto like that but with 4 kids i just dont have the time or the money maybe in about 17 years when i get rid of the last kid and i'm not too crippled

All new aluminum sheet metal and 90% new steel took all sheet metal of and sand blasted remaining steel, see your missing the boat with four kids look at all the extra help you will have haha. Don't kid your self you will never get rid of the kids and the older they get the more they cost

59muskeg

I gotta give credit where credit is due,you are doing an awsome job on that project! I have too be honest it makes me jellous, good luck and keep up the good work ! Alot of folks can learn from you sharing your work.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Always wanted an 'Ed-Built' machine, similar to this.. (still cheaper than the girlfriend)

Attachments

• 682.jpg
    682.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 672.jpg
    672.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,330

snowbird

Do you have any more pictures of the tilt-bed trailer in your picture? Looks pretty slick for loading snowcats. It might have trailer house axles (with electric brakes?).

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a Thiokol tilt bed trailer that has been modified to gooseneck.

Attachments

• 675.jpg
    675.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 678.jpg
    678.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,220

snowbird

Thanks. It appears there's a hydraulic cylinder type dampener so when you drive onto the bed and it goes over top dead center the bed doesn't go crashing down. I've been thinking of building a trailer and yours could be a good model.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
All new aluminum sheet metal and 90% new steel took all sheet metal of and sand blasted remaining steel, see your missing the boat with four kids look at all the extra help you will have haha. Don't kid your self you will never get rid of the kids and the older they get the more they cost
just closed on my house so i might look at a shop in the back yard if that happens than i am going to look at converting one of my parts rigs to a snowmaster configuration it will be a lot of work and take time so i expect it will be agarage queen it wil be a good way to occupy my time during the cold dark season.looking forward to febuary and march when the sun stays up till 2100 to 2200 hrs.

mtn cat

That is going to be a beautiful machine. Any thought to repowering,going to hydrostatic.etc.? The paint is awsome. Definitly keep us posted on progress. Jim

mkntrakes

few updates motor and trans are back where they belong and differential is where it goes

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,116

cabinboy

Congats, You have done a awesome job on that cat so far !!! Will be looking forward to more pictures of your progress .

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I want to see the barrel of Q-tips used to keep that thing so spotless!
Sweet. How about some more pics inside/out, etc.? It looks like more progress on cab for us to oogle. 8)

mkntrakes

I want to see the barrel of Q-tips used to keep that thing so spotless!
Sweet. How about some more pics inside/out, etc.? It looks like more progress on cab for us to oogle. 8)

no Q=tips yet just a blow gun
tried to take picks of cab just don't do it justice hopefully it will see sunlight for the first time tomorrow

mkntrakes

Mkntrakes, what thickness of sheet aluminum did you use?

Thank you Cletis

i use different gauges depending witch parts most parts that have to be formed i use .040 5052 flat panels .30 7075 most of the tread plate is 1/8 inch

mkntrakes

here are some more hopefully it will snow tonight and i can drive tomorrow

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 559
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 553
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 543