• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vintage radios

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Thats nice Rusty..i like it very much.

I would think about having the Electrical cord replaced just for peace of mind.:thumb:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
yeah, we'll see hwo it looks. i have other cords that need replaced that will be higher in priority. like my strohs sign with the wires showing through the cord...

Galvatron

I must admit i do like the Vintage with a wooden case...the plastic ones look tacky.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
YEAH but someday they will be worth a bunch just like the wood ones are now. everything will be worth something someday, i suppose

Galvatron

if you look at it in the right way you could remove a few LP dividers and get a small fridge in there:yum::yum::yum::clap:

Galvatron

I have a '30s mantle top in storage. Will dig it out if I get home any time soon. Meanwhile, here's my most recent beastie...

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=12632

So thats how you tune into my mind and send un-sexy thoughts:yum::yum::yum:

Nice bit of kit.

Way back i done some work for BAE over here and the amount radio equipment binned was unreal....i could have taken home all i wanted but being young i never see the future fascination....i was young and foolish for sure.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
got pics!!! brought her home today, and i must say. works beautifully. phases in and out a bit on some FM statons, but on AM i could listen to the ball game PERFECT! im very happy for 10$. he said that his research told him that the radio was made from 1950-55. ill do some of my own research tomorrow, but for now heres the pics. the last picture is from after i cleaned the cabinet. and the 2nd to last picture shows that the ring has become separated from the back panel, tho im not sure how to repair it without dislodging some wires, but seeing as it doesnt seem to affect the operation of the radio itself, i may not worry about it.

Attachments

• porch and  zenith 004.jpg
    porch and zenith 004.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 239
  • porch and  zenith 007.jpg
    porch and zenith 007.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 248
  • porch and  zenith 005.jpg
    porch and zenith 005.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 243
  • porch and  zenith 006.jpg
    porch and zenith 006.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 242
  • porch and  zenith 011.jpg
    porch and zenith 011.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 241
  • porch and  zenith 012.jpg
    porch and zenith 012.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 240

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
GOT ANOTHER! interestingly enough from the same era. the previous radio i got is a Zenith M-730. the one i just got (for free for helping a friend out) is a Zenith C-730. works real nice, and even has tone control (the M doesnt) but it seems to cut in and out on occasion. going to hafta do some investigating on it. but ill get pics up soon.

Galvatron

No Rush on the Pictures.....get it...no "Rush"....your Sig.....no "Rush":yum::yum::yum:

I'm a genius :unsure:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
seems ive forgotten totally :yum::yum: well i will update with what i have todate

Attachments

• gemusaphonic.jpg
    gemusaphonic.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 0827092118.jpg
    0827092118.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 0906092110.jpg
    0906092110.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 0402101811.jpg
    0402101811.jpg