• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Source For New Snow Trac/Master Drive Sprockets

teledawg

I just wanted to let everybody that is looking for brand new Snow-Trac or Trac-Master/Snow-Master bronze drive sprockets that there is a foundry in Alaska that is making them.
:applause:

The name of the place is J & T foundry and Design and they are located in North Pole, Alaska.

Here is a link to their web site: http://www.jandtfoundry.com/

According to Jerry Shepherd (one of the owners) they can make both the old style ST30A and newer style ST52 sprockets and already have the patterns made up. He also told me that it is up to the customer to drill/machine the mounting holes in the sprocket after it has been cast.

I was quoted $175 each for ST30A sprockets. Jerry said that the ST52 would be slightly more because they are heavier and use more metal. The price of the sprockets will also vary with the copper market which changes daily.

There is a photo of a pile of sprockets about half way down the page on the "Industrial Castings" page: http://www.jandtfoundry.com/industrial/

img14.gif

I'll be ordering one ST30A sprocket soon. :thumb:

It looks like the eternal hunt for Snow-Trac drive sprockets is finally over. :beer:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just wanted to let everybody that is looking for brand new Snow-Trac or Trac-Master/Snow-Master bronze drive sprockets that there is a foundry in Alaska that is making them.
:applause:

The name of the place is J & T foundry and Design and they are located in North Pole, Alaska.

Here is a link to their web site: http://www.jandtfoundry.com/

According to Jerry Shepherd (one of the owners) they can make both the old style ST30A and newer style ST52 sprockets and already have the patterns made up. He also told me that it is up to the customer to drill/machine the mounting holes in the sprocket after it has been cast.

I was quoted $175 each for ST30A sprockets. Jerry said that the ST52 would be slightly more because they are heavier and use more metal. The price of the sprockets will also vary with the copper market which changes daily.

There is a photo of a pile of sprockets about half way down the page on the "Industrial Castings" page: http://www.jandtfoundry.com/industrial/

img14.gif

I'll be ordering one ST30A sprocket soon. :thumb:

It looks like the eternal hunt for Snow-Trac drive sprockets is finally over. :beer:

Excellent find, has anybody seen the quality of the castings yet ,had in use for awhile? if they appear to be of good quality we will stop the process. we were in touch with a casting company allready. but if these look good we will not proceed :wave:

1975 Snow trac

Good job Fred!

I contacted them and the ST52's are $195.00 each.

They also said that they would credit your old sprockets towards new ones.

Mike

teledawg

The ST30A drive sprockets are for the older machines with the two boggies in the front like your 4 belt Trac Master and the two belt Snow Tracs and the ST52 drive sprockets are for the newer style machines, aka "Big Wheel" 3 belt Snow Tracs and 5 belt Snow Masters.

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I ordered two of the ST 52's yesterday. They will be ready by monday. :dancing: I'll take some pic's and comparisons and report back when I pick them up!

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
The results (and parts) are in!
I picked up the new parts last night. Pic's enclosed. Size-wise and shape-wise, they are the same. The cast is not quite as clean as factory but only in the details like the makers mark. Jerry (the J in J&T) will not pre-drill the mounting holes so onto the drill press they will go.
Hellava nice guy and even invited me to help a pour the next time he gets an order! So....... Get Ordering!

Attachments

• front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 760
  • back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 773
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 764
  • back2.jpg
    back2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 745

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I forgot to mention that he said he would be willing to make any of the cast parts on the Snow Trac including the variator towers.
He didn't think it would be too difficult to construct once the molds and patterns were created.
Unless this one decides he is quitting the business, I'd say he's a keeper and maybe the answer for elusive parts.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the st 25 is a high usage part but is easy to weld with a tig set up did mine that way when it broke and it works great

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i have one for mine give me time i might be able to coome up with one i'm trying to get my hands on some parts riggs