• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I had a long adventurous day first with my son Jeff showing up out of the blue, then my best friend Ms.Tonda rang me up and we walked downtown to the corner pub.
What a great place.
It's just like an Irish pub inside, atmosphere and all.
God it's going on 12:30am
:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm I was going to go to the hot air balloon thing, but it's going to be hot and muggy today.

Besides that, the fly in already occurred at 7 this morning.

Oh well, I'll think of something to do.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1533383711973.jpg
    FB_IMG_1533383711973.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 85

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Currently enjoying a cup of coffee ,and a plate of SOS . Just finished putting a new coil in a MS 361 for a neighbor . Gonna wait for a bit cooler morning to tune it . It was turning over 14k this A.M. . Too close to the “ it needs a piston and cylinder “ carb settings if the temps drop and the guy tries to use it without a retune . In a bit , it’s combat mowing ,an roundup application time . . .
You all ( Y’all ,or Yinz ) enjoy your day ?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
PG, Did you go to the Hot air balloon thing?? Nix that, Didn't see your note!

No. It was too freaking hot to be standing around all day.
I did track it on a Farcebook feed though throughout the day.
Glad I didn't now. Talked to some people who did attend and they said it wasn't all that.

I went out late! for dinner with a group of friends.
Today I think my eldest son and granddaughter are coming to visit this evening, but that could change too.
My life and welcome to it. Lol

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Gotta walk that pooch today. He doesn't do well in this heat so it won't be a long one.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Your up early for being out late! Any job prospects?

I don't sleep but 4-6 hrs anyway.
Yes, I have 3 job prospects.
Just waiting for a position for the shift time I prefer.
Full time, 2-10p.
The one place has night open 10p-6a.
Nope!
Meanwhile I'm doing fine and dandy.
Any more questions?

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Planet Fitness, then coffee with some friends, then shooting with some friends, now home and to the bar in a little while. I quit drinking about a year ago but still like going to the bar and chatting with people.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm having coffee and browsing the forums and news sites.
Finally figured out how to have 2 windows open on a smart phone without closing the other down lol
It's supposed to storm this evening and then cool off for a few days.
I'm going to do my laundry this afternoon and just putter around.
:smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sailing was amazing last Saturday. Good winds and the boat handled well. The sheets and winches are set differently than our previous craft. And then there is the wheel steering. The traveler is on top of the cabin roof and needs lubrication. And the winch handles foul with the Bimini straps. I have to figure out a different set up.

With all that it is taking some time to get used to it. Our tacks were pretty sloppy, but we got them done without looking like newbies. Or going into irons.

AC on the boat finally works. And so does the head. Friday and Saturday were pleasant nights with the Grandkids asleep below and me and the missus falling asleep in the cockpit watching Mars float by in the country sky.

Sunday morning Cathy took the kids to see their mom in Tulsa so I had the day to myself. Got the shed built Sunday in the heat, took a nap in the AC cool cabin, and then a shower about 5:00 PM. Headed home.

Without Cathy or the kids the trip took only four hours. Nice.

Three cats waiting at the door and glad to see me. I was glad to be home.

Five no shows this morning at work. :hammer: Must be Monday. Damn!

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't sleep but 4-6 hrs anyway.
Yes, I have 3 job prospects.
Just waiting for a position for the shift time I prefer.
Full time, 2-10p.
The one place has night open 10p-6a.
Nope!
Meanwhile I'm doing fine and dandy.
Any more questions?

No further questions at this time ! :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Did some work on the boat. Installed a spare tire bracket on the trailer. Installed an electric winch. Installed a new boat seat.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll probably do it wrong and you'll get mad at me!! :unsure::smile::smile:

Aww, never!

Welllll...I have a job interview this Friday at Fulton County hospital.
Position will be in the physician's office actually in Delta.
I don't know. It's been years since I've worked in that type of environment.
I can afford to be choosy and wait for an opportunity to come for the positions I've already applied for right here in town.
I want the one job in particular. It would be perfect for me.
It's only 2 blocks over.
This is maddening but exciting all the same.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Fitness center, then the Tuesday all-you-can-eat special at the Grand China Buffet with friends, then get my oil and filter changed while I spend some time with y niece, then a fund raiser for a friend who is running for Iowa state rep and then a DAV meeting.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope you get the job you really want! I have to clean gutters today. It's the building maintenance guys job, but he's nowhere to be found.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope you get the job you really want! I have to clean gutters today. It's the building maintenance guys job, but he's nowhere to be found.

Thanks. It'll all work out for the best.
Confidence!

So what is it you do?
Are you a mechanic?

Never mind, I forgot lol

Last edited:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. It'll all work out for the best.
Confidence!

So what is it you do?
Are you a mechanic?

Never mind, I forgot lol

Yes, the Vintage Porsche thing. I wish you well on Friday. I don't interview well. That's why I'm cleaning gutters today. I've been looking for another job for over a year. Had two interviews so far.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, the Vintage Porsche thing. I wish you well on Friday. I don't interview well. That's why I'm cleaning gutters today. I've been looking for another job for over a year. Had two interviews so far.

Thanks.

Good luck to you as well.
How old are you anyhow?
I'd guess in your mid 30s?
As far as your job prospects go, keep at it and ummm go get em tiger.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I wish I was in my mid 30's. Thanks for the complement. I am Six O. And I'm being age discriminated against. Employers see what year you were in school. It's not fair.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I was in my mid 30's. Thanks for the complement. I am Six O. And I'm being age discriminated against. Employers see what year you were in school. It's not fair.
:yum: I'm guessing age based on your profile pic with the dog.
It's the line of work you are in, they're going to pick the younger mechanics fresh out of training over you whether you're experienced or not.
That sucks, I know.
Keep looking.
Don't give up.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm let me see.
I went to see my granddoodles :smile:
No tears.
I made dinner, I took a walk then came racing back because it rained (looking like a drowned rat).
We watched some tv.
I did the dishes by hand (no dishwasher here).
That is about the whole deal of my day.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to the library and look for a good book.
Remember those?
I've been working on a "life" poem as well in word pad on the lap top.
It's cathartic.
If it's good, I'll share it.
The End.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
seeing if my heel/ankle can have that boot taken away-- it's a pain in my ankle-- & they said they may hafta fit me w/ one that'll fit me, as i'm so teensy; i'm game 4 that cast-- those, they take effort to get someone to slice away during 1 of my whims-- boots; u can un-velcro 'em, & they're gone!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Probably finish installing the boat seat in the boat. What used to take a few minutes now takes days to complete. Also working on the atv. I got the axle back together yesterday and began installing it till my back gave out on me.

It's soo f'ing frustrating to not be able to do the things you used to. Yah....I know that happens as you get older and the aches and pains slowly take over your body but this is different. Try waking up a perfectly able bodied 38 year old and going about your day as normal then something happens and you wake up in ICU 3 days later barely able to move. 3 years later it's still a struggle to walk more than 200 feet on a good day. And every time you try doing anything other than just sitting there like a useless bump on a log, people are there saying you shouldn't be doing this or that and they're adamant about it. And knowing that you're only 41 and have been put out to pasture by everyone. Never included in anything. It sucks. Oh well. I'd be perfectly happy never having to deal with people again and just going about my day.

Bamby

I'm not attempting to make light of your situation but some choices you made yourself contributed to putting yourself in harms way. I've been following your posts and it appears that the system is actually doing a pretty good job at providing for your needs. Could they do more? Possibly but then their are people working hard every day unable to provide their family as well as you are with your disabilities you should actually feel grateful.

As an example, we have possibly thousands of people who were utilized as cannon fodder in numerous political wars who came back compromised through no fault of their own. Their hopes and dreams were destroyed by the fact they were deliberately put in harms way for a cause and our government does everything it possibly can to deny their responsibility to these people. IMHO they do have a right to feel bitterness about their situation.

I don't actually know how to wright this but here it is. Please enter into Prayer and find it in yourself to forgiveness to yourself. The Lord seems to be providing for your actual day to day needs, but you need to find the ability to shed your resentment and move on with your life. Please find peace with God,

Status
Not open for further replies.