• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS 76 1542 Tucker

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Considering selling my 1976 Tucker. 1542, Excellent condition. Runs great, approximately 60 hours on rebuilt engine. New Tracks, grousers in great shape, upholstery good- no rips or tears, heater, heated mirrors, lights, fan, rear hydraulics.

Great Cat! i have 4 cats, hate to get rid of any of them, but making room in shops.

The first two pics show more recent, stickers have been removed.

Would like to get $13,000, FOB

Location, Glade Park, CO 81523.

Attachments

• js640_IMG_4258.jpg
    js640_IMG_4258.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,137
  • js640_Copy_of_IMG_4238.jpg
    js640_Copy_of_IMG_4238.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,124
  • js640_IMG_3482.jpg
    js640_IMG_3482.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,154

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
:smile:Thanks, It really is a good older Tucker. Cant run all my Snow Cats would like to see someone get some use out of her.

R

Reddog

Nice rig. Any chance of getting some more info? Engine/tranny? Belt/tire condition? Hours on chassis? Some static pics without snow'a flyin'?

I'm in Colorado and interested.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice rig. Any chance of getting some more info? Engine/tranny? Belt/tire condition? Hours on chassis? Some static pics without snow'a flyin'?,..

I'm in Colorado and interested.

Reddog,

The Tucker has a 318 Chrysler Industrial engine with approximately 70 hours on rebuild done by previous owner, it has a New Process 5 speed transmission, all belts have recently been replaced all grousers are in good condition and the hyfax are like new . When I bought machine all bearings ,seals were new tires are solid and in good shape. It has halogen lights front and rear, good heater, new electric heated mirrors, am/fm radio, new exhaust, chassis has approx 4,000+hours, newer battery and engine block heater, rear pintel hitch and rear remote hydrolics. Replaced clutch and brake master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, and bought new brake caliper assembly from Ots Friction, differential gearing 488 to 1. Steel fifth wheels and gear driven transfer case. Machine is in excellent condition. Kept in shop, out of weather. Will try to post some different pics

R

Reddog

Thanks for the additional info. Sounds good. Looking forward to more pics.
Doug in Gunnison

R

Reddog

Spoke with Kyle last night about his cat. Sure sounds like a good rig and a knowledgeable seller. I've still got a case of Snowtrac fever pretty bad, so I think I am going to keep moving that way, but if a Tucker is something that would work for you, I think Kyle is selling a nice one
Thanks Kyle for taking time to visit about your cat and snowcats in general.
GLWS!!!

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Wakeupcall, have you thought about listing this on ksl.com? It's a pretty popular website in Utah (much more popular than craigslist around here) and I frequently see listings from neighboring states.

Right now there are 10 snowcats listed for sale at $10,000 and above and you'd be the second lowest. The only other Tucker is a 1981 1744 at $32K. The one snowcat priced below is a 1973 Thiokol that looks somewhat rough. This is just my impression, but to someone looking at the ads your 1542 at $13K would scream VALUE.

Just a thought...

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Blackfoot Tucker !! Will have to try that if interest in cat doesnt get better. I would be willing to drop price a little if someone is interested. Thanks Wakeupcall

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker is still for sale, dropped price to 12,500, please pass the word. Bought military 6x6 truck, Tucker must go to make room in shop. Listed Tucker on KSL thanks Blackfoot Tucker.

Cltjones

Hi, Looking for a cat that can haul some people into our cabin and do some grooming. How do I get in touch with you?

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Hello, Cltjones sent you a pm with home phone number give me a call or let me know here if you did not get message Thanks Wakeupcall

R

Reddog

Hey Kyle,
I PMed you about the Tucker. I have an idea about selling it. Let me know if you get the message I sent. Hope you are getting to get out and play some with the "wifes' rig".

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker still for sale..good machine, excellent condition. Too many cats to run...thought I could part with one.

drscotch

Nice looking rig wakeupcall. Do you (or anyone else) have any thoughts on retrofitting a box to haul a couple more people on a 1542? Just curious if this might be a practical option on this rig. I need more than 2 seats!
thanks

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely fit a cabin to meet your needs. That is the plan for my 442. Why haul 2 when you can modify the back to move 6-8 in relative comfort??

The 1542, 1543 & 1544 are all based on the same platform. Pop the fuel tank out, modify the existing deck for the aisle, frame it out, add panels and hang the tank on the outside of the body.

Blackfoot Tucker did the mod here: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=42003

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
I still have my Tucker for sale if anybody's interested ,it is a good cat it just needs to see some snow. Wakeupcall

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all...the Tucker is sold. Being picked up tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's interest. It's a good cat. I will miss it but can't drive them all.