• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hemochromatosis

Leni

Not a fun situation but at least it's treatable. I have too much iron in my system. Among other things I get really tired. Treatment is to take a pint of blood out of me when the iron level gets too high. Doc has decided that I need to do this every six weeks. I hate needles!

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
... I have too much iron in my system... Treatment is to take a pint of blood out of me when the iron level gets too high...

tell, don't ask, TELL you Dr to do a full liver panel workup on you.

excess iron will kill your liver

good luck

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
First thing the cancer doc did was tell me to stop taking the iron tablets the heart docs had me taking. They sucked more blood than that out of me this past month than that. The 5 bags of whole blood they gave me apparently went to my spleen and did not do what they wanted it to do. Start the blood draws tomorrow along with doc appts.

Leni

The doc does a full liver panel and CBC each time. So far the liver panels are very good. The hemoglobin is a little high with this last test which is why I call to set up a blood draw tomorrow. Sadly they cannot use my blood as a donor. I take blood pressure meds and so they can't use it. The nurse told me that Kaiser is trying to figure out a way.