• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spartacus (Starz mini-series)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone been watching it?

Since I'm somewhat laid up, I pulled it up via OnDemand yesterday and started watching it. Very good mini-series. I did like the last Starz series "The Pillars of the Earth" a lot and think this one may actually be a bit better.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I recorded all last years series and as of last Friday they started the new series. The new one is before Spartacus and more about the characters in the original. I love these kinds of period movies always have personally.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I'm new to this series and didn't know there was a previous season.

I've caught Episodes 101-106 via OnDemand. Based on their web site, there's still 107-113.

In what episode did the new (this years series) start. Did I watch last years in those episodes?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes the first season was 13 episodes under the show title as Blood and Sand started with episode 1 called the Red Serpent and ending with Kill them all. This season the show is called Gods of the Arena (only one show so far) with the first episode named Past Transgressions. This season is a Prequel going back to the rise of the House of Batiatus before Spartacus came around. Oh and the second episode is tomorrow night on Starz called Missio.

Here is a sight that covers it all, http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Joe.
I hope they get the last 7 episodes from last year out there. I hate quitting 1/2 way through.

I see the first episode for this year OnDemand but was holding off (if I could) until I finish the current series.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
The current series is completely different in that no Spartacus in it at all though most of the cast is still the same. It goes more into the history behind it and just as well made as the first one. I recommend you watch both seasons and it really makes little difference if you see the current one then watch last years or the other way around.