• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mouse Balls

Leni

Here is a recipe for a munchie that even you guys can whip up for the football games.

Mouse Balls

1/2 lb of bulk sausage
1 cup Bisquick or other such mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese which can be bought already shredded.

Mix it all together and make balls about 1/2 in diameter. Put them on a cookie sheet or some such thing and bake at 350 until golden brown. Serve warm.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a recipe for a munchie that even you guys can whip up for the football games.

Mouse Balls

1/2 lb of bulk sausage

Mix it all together and make balls about 1/2 in diameter. Put them on a cookie sheet or some such thing and bake at 350 until golden brown. Serve warm.

Leni, you forgot the 1/2 cup of port. (A good burgundy can be substituted if you're out of port.)

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
A little Worcestershire sauce gives it a little extra kick as well. There are quite a few variations on the base recipe, but the base recipe is fine all by itself.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
A little Worcestershire sauce gives it a little extra kick as well. There are quite a few variations on the base recipe, but the base recipe is fine all by itself.

Also, if you use bulk hot italian sausage it works well if you like spicy.

Leni

I took a double batch to Tom's office party. 80+ were gone in a very short time. Steve who loves very hot things suggested adding hot sauce to the mix. I could not eat what he does but it is an idea.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm surprised you don't cook the sausage ahead of time so you can drain some of the grease. I think I'll give this a try soon. Thanks. Bob

Mouse Balls

1/2 lb of bulk sausage

Leni

The fat is what binds everything together. I don't know how it would work if you relied on the cheese alone to do that. Interesting thought though. Let me know how it works if you try it that way.

Leni

:biggrin: Between the sausage and the cheese I'm sure that they would eat them. Just not sure what would happen afterwards due to the spices. :whistling: