• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

seagull eggs for breakfast

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we had some seagull eggs for breakfast they were pretty good. Alaska natives are permitted to gather eggs from migratory bird nests.so she went picking the other day and I was surprised they tasted darned good. I have also ,had mur eggs those are also good also. 1 egg is the same as 3 chicken eggs.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
I like gull eggs but LOVE mur eggs they are my best egg, beating out hen eggs. My best way to eat them are to soft boil them, cut off the top, drop a big chunk of hard butter in the yoke, salt and pepper then dip in bread. drool drool drool...my mouth is drooling... A hot cup of tea...Makes a great supper.:biggrin::biggrin:

Umberto

Interesting. I've eaten Canada goose and mallard eggs and they are good. I don't know why folks bother with quail eggs, they are so darn small.

As a side note, I love salmon eggs too. My Iowa but caught a huge catfish full of eggs and we fried them up for breakfast. I won't do that again. Lobster eggs are too dry for my tastes, too.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. I've eaten Canada goose and mallard eggs and they are good. I don't know why folks bother with quail eggs, they are so darn small.

As a side note, I love salmon eggs too. My Iowa but caught a huge catfish full of eggs and we fried them up for breakfast. I won't do that again. Lobster eggs are too dry for my tastes, too.

Lobster eggs mixed with some of the paste spread on a slice of fresh bread drizzled with some melted butter. Mmmm.
tern eggs are good also, small but tasty.
Fish eggs..Anyone ever eat cod eggs? Slow pan fry or baked in the oven. Spread with butter and lots of salt and pepper then cool. Slice and eat on crackers.