• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker in Ontario

muley180

Looks the somewhat rare 2700 series, good luck on a trailer. In WA the 2700 series is too wide for standard transport. Nice machine though, like to see it in deep powder.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
First one I have seen with a Detriot Diesel in it. Wonder what engine? A 6-71 would be awfully heavy in the nose. Maybe a 4-71? 2 stroke Detroits do not like to idle for any lenghth of time or they wet stack badly. This can lead to a run away event that can damage the eingine. They run excess fuel and oil built up from idling too much, and run it off ungovenered.....This can be catasrophic to the eingine. Also some engine parts for them are getting kinda hard to come by. Have not made the two stroke for many years now. Really rare to hear a truck running one these days....
Cool sounding engine, just bring the ear plugs!!

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good call Lia....

I don't wish to sound like I wish to run down the dear old 2 stroke Detroit. If the operator knows what he has and how to run it, I don't think there is a tougher diesel ever built. I have a lot of repect for them...They only leak oil if the breather tubes inthe crakcase and blower are not kept clean. They were origianlly devoloped to run and electric generator, and as this they simply excell, with a very long life to boot at such a steady rpm and load. Great motors, just like their fuel.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

yj junker

I was always told when you get into a truck with an old detroit 2 stroke, you slam your hand in the door before you get in and blame it on the throttle pedal for the rest of the day and they will run just fine;)

Lia

Banned
I was always told when you get into a truck with an old detroit 2 stroke, you slam your hand in the door before you get in and blame it on the throttle pedal for the rest of the day and they will run just fine;)

'ornery old Devils, lol. But, they sure are beautiful, and it'd be worth the pain just to drive one.

300 H and H... thanks. I just saw it in all it's glory, and simply had to comment.

:wink: