• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 4T2 windshields?

bearpaw

Hello everyone!
This is my first post, and I hope that I'm putting it in the right category. I'm in the process of res-erecting a early 4T2. so far, I've managed to free everything up,and un-stuck the 223 ford engine, so I'm at the "runs and moves" point, and we've run it around the farm, and generally had a good time with it so far...
One problem, however, is that while it was sitting unused at its previous home, someone had the bright idea that it would be really fun to use it as a target for driving golf balls! So...I need to find a pair of usable windshields for it, does any one know of a source for them? I was thinking lexan, but I'm afraid that the wipers will scratch them to the point of being useless in short order, any ideas?
I'm located in the Lakes region of New Hampshire, and if I could find something close by that would be great!!!

Thanks in advance

Bearpaw

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Hello everyone!
This is my first post, and I hope that I'm putting it in the right category. I'm in the process of res-erecting a early 4T2. so far, I've managed to free everything up,and un-stuck the 223 ford engine, so I'm at the "runs and moves" point, and we've run it around the farm, and generally had a good time with it so far...
One problem, however, is that while it was sitting unused at its previous home, someone had the bright idea that it would be really fun to use it as a target for driving golf balls! So...I need to find a pair of usable windshields for it, does any one know of a source for them? I was thinking lexan, but I'm afraid that the wipers will scratch them to the point of being useless in short order, any ideas?
I'm located in the Lakes region of New Hampshire, and if I could find something close by that would be great!!!

Thanks in advance

Bearpaw

Bearpaw...you can go down to your local glass shop...they will create a template and then cut and shape the glass to the correct dimension. Most likely you will need to replace the rubber material too. Put some pictures up of your 4T2...we all would love to see your cat:clap:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome, Bearpaw !

Portland Glass has made windshield glass for me using cardboard or 1/4" plywood for a pattern. I imagine any full service glass place can do it.

We all love pictures :smile:

weatherby

I also had my glass cut at a local glass shop, however, you WILL have to replace the rubber weather seal around the glass frame, it is now far to stiff to ever come out without breaking. If you should get it out without it breaking, it will still be to stiff to try and fit the new glass back in without breaking the glass.

Attachments

• 003 (13).jpg
    003 (13).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 013 (2).jpg
    013 (2).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 133

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Any auto glass shop can cut laminated (windshield) glass to pattern to repair this. Rubber gasket material should be stocked by most places at ~$2-4 per foot.

I do tractor cab glass like this all the time.