• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Proud of Melen (again) getting inducted into another honor society

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is getting a bit monotonous :whistling:

Melen was just told she is getting inducted into this orgainzation (another one that I never heard of, so that tells you what type of student I was in college) >>> http://groups.wfu.edu/nrhh/index.html

She will be inducted into the Wake Forest Chapter of the HRHH:
The National Residence Hall Honorary is an organization that brings the top 1% of University Residence Hall student leaders together to provide an opportunity to grow in leadership by recognizing others who have contributed to campus life as well as providing volunteer services to worthy causes within the community surrounding Wake Forest University

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats to Melen and her fine parents. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
She obviously succeeded in spite of you guys ...er I mean you both have done a great job preparing her for the life ahead. :tiphat: Way to go.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell her to stop excelling and be ordinary for a change. Life amongst us plebs isn't all that unappealing. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats to the whole family. You all played your part.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
With all these awards for things I know absolutely nothing about I'm just glad that her career as a Starbuck drive through barista is now secure.

She still doesn't really know what she wants to do in life. She was on track to be a triple major. But now looks to be concentrating more on Classics than anything else, and started taking other history classes so her Political Science Major may become a History Major (or Minor) because some of the Poli-sci classes transfer to History. And despite getting her E.M.T. license and taking a bunch of Pre-Med classes, she has apparently lost the desire to get the Health Sciences major.

Still looking at law schools. Now. Who knows about the future.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
With all these awards for things I know absolutely nothing about I'm just glad that her career as a Starbuck drive through barista is now secure.

She still doesn't really know what she wants to do in life. She was on track to be a triple major. But now looks to be concentrating more on Classics than anything else, and started taking other history classes so her Political Science Major may become a History Major (or Minor) because some of the Poli-sci classes transfer to History. And despite getting her E.M.T. license and taking a bunch of Pre-Med classes, she has apparently lost the desire to get the Health Sciences major.

Still looking at law schools. Now. Who knows about the future.
Talk to her about a double major in medicine and law. There is a demand for pathologists who are also skilled in the art
of medical jurisprudence. For a look at this interesting profession I recommend Sir Sydney Smith's autobiography
"Mostly Murder", which is still available on Amazon. It's a very good read even without ulterior motives! :smile:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well she was a planning to be both Pre-Med and Pre-Law.

But now is following Classics and history and/or poli-sci as a Pre-Law track. Her law interests are in international/corporate/maritime law.

She also is a licensed E.M.T. and volunteers with an ambulance service.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got a call from my kid.

Usually a morning call is bad new, something like "Dad I need $$$$ for a new dress" or she got a bad grade on some test.

But today it was interesting. The Classics Society has nominated Melen to be the next club president. Given she is only a chronological Sophomore, and given that every current officer of the club is a Senior, she is taking it as a big honor.

I don't know if other people are also nominated for the position, if there is an election, etc.

I just know 2 things.
1- I'm proud of her.
2- She is rapidly becoming over-qualified to work the drive-thru window at Starbucks and may soon be able to be a shift manager :ermm: