• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Favorite Crock Pot Recipes

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I love crock pot cooking and there has to be others here that share my passion. Post your favorite recipes here. Eat well!

Ms. TR's Beef stew:

2 lbs stew meat.
1 can Campbell's Tomato soup.
6 medium potatoes
1 lb carrots
1 medium onion, diced
Beef Broth
3 bay leaves
salt & pepper to taste

Cut stew meat in bite size pieces. Dredge in flour and brown in pan with EVOO or butter.
Cut potatoes and carrots into bite size pieces and put in crock pot with onion.
Add browned beef to crock pot.
In separate bowl, put tomato soup and one soup can full of beef broth and add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir together and pour over crock pot ingredients.
Mix and lay 3 bay leaves on top.
Cook 4-5 hours on low until veggies are tender. Stir occasionally but lift up the bay leaves before stirring.

Bon Apetite'

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I do a pot roast that is pretty good

1 5lb chuck roast
5 or 6 good sized carrots sliced into one inch pieces
1 large sweet onion sliced
2 pounds of little red skin taters

I use a seasoned flour on the roast then brown it on all sides in a cast iron skillet

I then mix 1 package of onion soup mix with about a cup of ketchup

Spread a little of the mixture on the bottom of the crock pot and then spread the rest on the roast, place in crock pot.

Drop in the carrots, onions, and potatoes.

Cook on high for two hours, then go to low setting for another three or four hours.

The roast will be falling apart tender. I add a little beef stock after draining off the grease and then thicken the rest for a delicious gravy.

My mom would make this once a month when I was growing up and I love it.

Umberto

I have no favorite crock pot recipe and use it as a last resort or if I'm not going to be home all day. I also use it as a warming device to take to pot lucks. It is versatile, to be sure. I'd prefer to use a dutch oven.

With that said I found a crock pot vegetarian lasagna recipe I want to try.

I think when I do this I'll go low salt and have my own home canned tomatoes with not salt.

http://www.hunts.com/recipes-Slow-C...ain&utm_medium=outbrain&utm_campaign=outbrain

Last edited:

Leni

I'll do a pot roast sprinkled with Lipton French Onion soup mix. I add potatoes, carrots, and celery. Easy and very tasty. Add a little flour to the liquid make a gravy when it's done.

Umberto

I do a pork loin in the crock pot (or dutch oven) quarter two onions for the sides, then cover with sage leaves and caraway seed, then cook toll well done; red and regular kraut for the side - this is a Czech way to prepare.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have a recipe per se. It's more of what do I feel like throwing in the pot this time.

Normal ingredients I'll toss in.
2-4# of chuck or English roast
broth, beer, wine/port or water
worcheshire
honey
a little apple cider vinegar
Montreal Steak seasoning
onions
potatoes/carrots/corn

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to make a good recipe years ago when the boys were small.
This is from memory, and was in the old Rival crock pot cookbook that came with it.

Pork steaks sliced
onions and green peppers, sliced thickly
brown sugar
Worcestershire
garlic

(last minute 10 minutes, add pineapple chunks)

Serve over white rice, with crispy chinese noodles on top.

Umberto

I used to do something similar but layer with sliced potatoes and onions. I'd pan fry the pork chops, deglaze trepan and pour the juice over the top of the dish.

I'm making the crock pot lasagna and got the marinara (use home canned tomatoes) done for the lasagna. After reading over the recipe several times decided to go with what I know - will also mix 2 eggs into the ricotta instead of using soup. I'll made a double batch so my son can take some home for his lunches this week.

Sometime this week will also do stuffed peppers with wild rice, Paula Deen's recipe, in the crock pot. I'm really tired of not having an oven.

Umberto

The lasagna is put together and in the crock pot. It smells excellent but think it will be a bit soupy. Next time will do it in the oven if we ever get it fixed. :sad:

There are three layers and has 2-3 pounds of cheese.

I have a new camera and need to figure the flash out, but you get the picture. I'll do another at dinner.

IMG_0602.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

Actually, after it set, it was fine. I think done in a regular pan, in the oven, and with more spinach and mushrooms it would be perfect.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We like to use the slow cooker as much as possible. With 4 kids and both of us working full time it makes supper easy when we get home. One recipe we like is a crock pot chili recipe. Mmmm. Going to have to make one this week.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A real quick meal we do is just throw in some boneless spare ribs and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Cook on low for about 5-6 hours. Serve with rice and and some cole slaw. Nothing fancy, but I'll tell you it's not bad either. Certainly quick and easy if you are in a hurry.