• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Advice on how to check pump pressure on a 1993 pb260

treeeman00

Can anyone tell me how to check the pump pressures on a 1993 pb 260d? I have heard these take minimess fittings and I have never heard them of them in my life. Can anyone explain what these are and where you get them? Thanks.

Pisten Bully makes a pressure test kit with everything you need for around $600 the last time I checked. It sounds expensive but the ski club in Anchorage made their own test equipment and figure they had a little more than that into piecing it together at the local hydraulic store. The correct fluid filled gages are kind of spendy and I think there are 3 of them.

I suggest you call Pisten Bully tech services and they will help you out with any problems and it's free. They are great to work with and always friendly. I was going to buy the kit last year for my 260D but never cracked the wallet.

There are a total of 5 pumps to check, 2 for the drive, 1 for the tiller, 1 for the aux hydraulics and 1 charge pump. The main pumps are best checked under load, at operating temps while the machine is moving according to the tech guys.

treeeman00

Wow 600? Lol..I didn't quite expect that.. I was hoping to be able to piece together but that doesn't sound like an option now. Can you manually stroke all the pumps to put under a load?
Cidertom, what exactly do you mean?

treeeman00

I may have located a set of gauges but they only go to 5000 psi. Do I need gauges that go higher? Are the test points minimess 1620?

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Cidertom, what exactly do you mean?

refering to the quick disconnects. Some power equipment has quick disconnects on valve packages, or motors. sounds like your application does not.

The test port fittings are fairly complicated as they are both connections and valves.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I always check the charge pump pressure first. If the charge pump is not up to snuff, nothing else will be either. Get the manual out and find the port were you check each pump, and start with the charge pump.

Regards, Kirk

Dr. Zaugg

Find a Parker hydraulic store and tell them you need EMA3 test hoses and adapters to get to your gauges.
Their series EMA3 are what those connectors are. (screw on)

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
mine is smaller and later but you pull the cover off the brake and unplug it. this stops the on signal to the computer .apply the brake hook up the gauges on the correct port . they have fittings for the gauges and do the control while running up the rpm.

treeeman00

So the low pressure is the most important to check? Is there 2 charge pumps? Also what should the pressures be? I don't have a manual. Does know where I could get or download one? I very much appreciate every ones comments. You have all helped tremendously!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
do you know about the tech line to pb? you can get the number from the pb web page. it is 24/7 . they have been really friendly and helpful to me.

Last edited:

treeeman00

Yes. Alaska snow cat suggested it in this thread. Called and talked to them a few days ago. They were great to deal with. They were happy to answer any questions asked. What great customer service. Anyone know where I could get a manual. I forgot to ask them while I was in the phone with them.

If you ever get a shop manual I would love to have a copy. I have all the other manuals, which doesn't amount to much, but that is all the parts people at Pisten Bully could provide. One time the Tech guys emailed me a section of the shop manual showing how to take apart the planetary gears back at the drive motor, so I know they exist. BTW most of the manuals for the 260 are actually for the 240 as they must be very similar

Here is a link to the service manual for the Cummins C series engine:

http://www.drillcorp.com/contentms/manuals/books/a21 cummins shop manual c series engines.pdf

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I took the pb training class they had manuals of everyones pb for them and they were up dated with the latest info.
I would call parts.