• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4t sprocket re coating

mtbxdrew

I have found a few places out west that offer recoating, I am kinda worried about sending off irreplaceable sprockets with ups, does anyone know if any of these places offer cores? I would happily pay the extra $ to get the sprockets then send my old ones back

Dr. Zaugg

I agree on the shipping. Spend the money for a large insured amount (not to exceed $3,000.00) and UPS will NOT loose it. Otherwise they do not give a D.
(Lots of experience here)

Beartooth

Mtxdrew, Did you ever find someone to re coat your sprockets. I have mine from my 4T10 that are bare as well?

Doug

mtbxdrew

Mtxdrew, Did you ever find someone to re coat your sprockets. I have mine from my 4T10 that are bare as well?

Doug
Not anywhere that I thought was reasonable in price, also have guys saying they need to see the sprockets b4 they can say yes or no on coating, a member just spent almost 3000 having his remade then coated

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mike8623

Yah, I almost spent $3000.00 to get mine redone. Grant Anderson of GRIP rubber in Salt Lake is doing them. He just called me yesterday and said they will be done next week.

Mine were too far gone to be just recoated. They cut the center of mine out, water jetted a new outside sprocket, welded it to the cutout center, welded a new tooth band around it then are recovering it.

Grant did mention yesterday, having a mold to recoat them. I don't know whether he had to make one or had it on hand. He told me he used to make most of Thiokols stuff.

He did quote me somewhere around 500.00 to just recoat mine, before he saw them......I knew they were bad, I was just hoping he could work some magic, but deep in my heart I knew it was impossible. When I get them back I will post pictures.

Mike8623

Welp, lets see what they look like when I get them back. I've been taking tracks apart for two days, got new rubber. Boy are they a pain, I'll be at this a couple of weeks the way I am going.

mkntrakes

Welp, lets see what they look like when I get them back. I've been taking tracks apart for two days, got new rubber. Boy are they a pain, I'll be at this a couple of weeks the way I am going.

so are they coating with rubber or urethane ?

Mike8623

I did get them back will take a couple of pictures today and post....they're a lot heavier and beefier than when I sent them down.

Mike8623

I'll get those pictures as soon as I can. It is snowing up here and we're just finishing a house we built and my shop is taking up all my time along with the wifes requests, be patient with me.....the gutter guys are coming today, then church then Christmas lights and decorations for the wife, my shop workshop bench is half done and I'm surrounded with boxes six high to be sorted through couple that with "I'm a little on the slow side since I retired" and you get the "As soon as i can part".
Life is good though, being retired, with a hobby, a new home among all the critters including the grizzlies and no people, just barely enough money to enjoy it all if we really watch what we buy. The only problem is i should have done it 10 years earlier, now I'm getting too old to really enjoy it all and am physically unable to do as much as I used to. I hope i have at least one kid that likes it as much as we do. I guess that is what life is all about though.

My advise to the young. Figure out exactly where you want to be buried as soon as possible then figure out exactly how you will get there as soon as possible and head that way. think about that awhile if you're young. If you don't then when you do you will find like me you should have done it at least 10 years before you did.

The quicker you do this the quicker you will get to watch the Grizzlies as they walk by the house, as you're drinking your morning coffee on the porch, watching the sun come up over the Scapegoat Wilderness.

Mike8623

Here you go. PIC_0121.JPG

PIC_0122.JPG

mtbxdrew

Boy they look nice, can't justify the price tag tho on a machine I got for nothing

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk